Missouri-St Louis

Makeup Artists

I am haing a tough time choosing a makeup artist for the big day, especially since you have to pay them before you really see their work on you. 

Anyone have any recommendation?  I have talked to D'Shannon and Delicately Bold, but really don't know which one is better or if there is someone else out there that I just don't know.

Also, not sure about airbursh vs. regular makeup.  Any thoughts on that? 

Thanks!

Re: Makeup Artists

• edited December 2011
    Try Jesse with Salon Dacota.  She is amazing!
  • ahsegalahsegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted an almost identical post on another forum (same two makeup artists, same question about airbrush) so I am curious to hear the responses as well!  
  • jpoaxojpoaxo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Let me know what feedback you get as well!

• Cipolla2BeCipolla2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would highly recommend Monika Ruzicka.  She does makeup for the Rams cheerleaders and I have worked with her on several projects and she did my makeup for my wedding.  She is fast and makeup looks amazing!  She uses MAC.  She works at the Blond Salon in O'fallon IL but she will come to you and on location.  her number is 618-530-6970.
  • Jenniferm911Jenniferm911 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Holly Speakes from Procolor salon--my hair/makeup trial went fabulous and she travels to your wedding site!!    stlmakeupartist.com

I am going with airbrush since I am getting married outside in Aug--
  • edited December 2011
    Aurora and Charmaine from makeupartistry2.com.  I went with airbrush, and it looked gorgeous!
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • EmBride2011EmBride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's cousin got married this past January, and the girls used Delicately Bold. They looked great, and spoke highly of her work. If she was free on my date, I would be using her.
  • kari1105kari1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also highly recommend Emily with Delicately Bold. I will be using her .She is fantastic. You can find her on facebook and also view her work

• mightyoakesmightyoakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree: Delicately Bold hands down! Emily is awesome to work with. She's doing my make up for my wedding on June 13th. I had my "test" run a couple months ago and I didn't want to take off my make up that night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards