Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Thoughts on this recessional??

First, click on this link to be forwarded to the youtube video version of the song most everyone already knows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1zuCBI5WA

- Music instrumental slowly fade in at 00:39 and at that moment, Pastor says "by the authority vested in me as a minister of the gospel, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride"

(kiss)

Pasor: "It is my pleasure to introduce to you for the first time: Mr. and Mrs. ______!"

(The chorus starts at 00:53, bride and groom exit the isle, and bridal party follows)

(Instrumental slowly fades out and pastor makes announcement to invite and direct to reception)

I just found that version of the song, and I envesioned that in my head. Are the ways that could awkwardly go wrong? Is that a good idea?

We were originally going to have our first kiss and the song "Fire and Rain" by Matt Kearny would start and we would exit.

Re: Thoughts on this recessional??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bittersweet symphony instrumental. Stand up there until the song kicks in. Very Moving.

Do you have a Wedding March song yet? They Fell in Love is the Newest Wedding March for the Bride and her Father. Moving - Acoustic Guitar and Piano with a heartfelt Violin.

The intro of the song: The Bride and Father stand at the top of the aisle. When the violins kick in, they start the emotional walk to the man of her dreams. So moving.

https://sites.google.com/site/theyfellinloveweddingsong/home

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're overthinking this. That might work out just fine, but what if someone pushes the button at the wrong time, or the music doesn't get cued up at exactly the right spot? Chances are pretty decent that when you have a really specific idea for something like this in your head that it won't go perfectly and you'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unless you're planning on using live musicians and a kick-ass soloist, there are too many ways for this to not meet your expectations. The timing is very easy to mess up. Not saying it can't be done, because it's an awesome idea. But you would deffinitly need to practice with whoever is doing your sound and the minister during the rehearsal. I would say go for it, but make sure you have a back up plan in case it all goes to hell in a handbasket. If you can get it done logistically, I think it would be totally awesome! Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea.  If you are using a DJ during your ceremony (if he/she knows what they are doing) they should be able to pull this off...no problem.

Very creative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards