Moms and Maids
Options

picking bridesmaids

Is it strange to have bridesmaids that you are not super close to? I don't have sisters, and while i have friends, i wouldn't say they were super close relationships like i had with friends when i was younger. I am considering asking my old roommate who was friends with my fiance for a while before we met, and a friend of both of ours that we saw more of at the beginning of our relationship but still keep in contact with. Both of these girls were really excited about our engagement. Then there is a couple that we are friends with and we are thinking of asking. Anyway, is it strange to ask people who are friends but that you aren't super close to? At 31 with kids it seems that is what most of my friendships are these days.

Re: picking bridesmaids

• Options
    You can choose whoever you want, but also keep in mind that you don't actually have to have bridesmaids at all if you don't feel that close to anyone.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Thanks. i know he wants his best friend in it, and i would like to have a bridal party, I'm just not sure how to pick one. Both girls that i mentioned have already offered to help with things, so maybe that means they would like to be involved? He also has two sisters that offered to help with things, but i feel like if i asked them I'd be asking them only because they are his sisters.
  • Options
    EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_picking-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1e95fa6d-8fd2-4045-a9cd-1e4334949db5Post:caff1ff9-4a51-469c-85e9-cd9fde86506f">Re:picking bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks. i know he wants his best friend in it, and i would like to have a bridal party, I'm just not sure how to pick one. Both girls that i mentioned have already offered to help with things, so maybe that means they would like to be involved? He also has two sisters that offered to help with things, but i feel like if i asked them I'd be asking them only because they are his sisters.
    Posted by brokelken[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, you don't have to pick the girls who seem most excited now, or the ones who offer to help you. Pick whomever you want to have in all your pictures--or, conversely, pick whomever you can't imagine not being in your pictures.</div><div>
    </div><div>I chose the girls I knew I wanted to ask to do <em>something </em>special at my wedding because of their relationships with my FI and I as a couple.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards