Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What do i do???

So i have already paid a non-refundable $1000 for my caterer, and i loved there menu, originally meals for 50 ppl was adding upto around 1500 so thats what i budgeted for....so now they are telling me that i have to pay this much and this much for certain things, like for server appartenyly i need 1 for each 10 ppl(thats ridiculous cos its a buffet line) what could i possibly need thatmany servers for..........anyway so im just wondering whether to go with a cheaper bbq style caterer ...i worked out that for 50 people(and way more food) it would be around $900 and the original caterer is looking at $2500  so we would still save atleast 600 if we forfeit the deposit im just not sure if it would be worth it, so just advice or ideas.

thanks

ps. our reception is in a garden and it is very casual so a bbq wouldnt be out of place

Re: What do i do???

• miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    was all that info explined and in your contract (the extra cost of servers etc.)? if so then I dont think you will get your money back. If its is not you migh talk to some one in the BBB
  • edited December 2011

Ditto Miah. You need to take a look at what costs were specified in the contract. If these new ones aren't written there, then you should be able to get your deposit back OR insist that they provide you with the service they promised. Alternatively if the costs are listed in your contract, you're SOL.

• edited December 2011
    Does your contract mention any of these extras?
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge: First Dance Photo (I still haven't uploaded all of my wedding pictures, so here's a picture of what happens when you mix me, my bridesmaids, a man who hates to dance, and an open bar). imageimage

101 in 1001
  • abbiewebsterabbiewebster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no the contract is more for if you have it at there restaurant, thats why i figured there wouldnt be any huge ones other wise they would be mentioned in the contract......
  • edited December 2011
    As a contract is a legally binding agreement, it sounds like it wasn't thought through very thoroughly. Is there any mention of servers and these additional fees at all? Does the contract only discuss food?

I'd tell them that they didn't mention any of the additional fees in the contract and that they have two choices: either they can provide you the services they promised at the price they promised, or they can refund your deposit and you'll take your services elsewhere. They can't tack on extras after the fact.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards