Flowers
Options

Ordering flowers from Sams Club- Timing?

Hi All,

I don't post on other boards much, but was hoping you call could help me. I am ordering my flowers from Sams club. On the site, it says you can order up to 30 days in advance to be delivered the day you want. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and when you ordered yours?

Also, anyone with experiences with this- positive or negative- please share. I do have a florist that is going to help me arrange them.

Thanks, ladies! And happy planning!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image230 Invited
image180Accepted
image50 Declined
image0 Undecided
RSVP Date: July 25, 2012

Re: Ordering flowers from Sams Club- Timing?

• Options
    Not sure WHAT the post above is about, but oh well........

I ordered my flowers from Costco, but probably the same thing with both.
    With Costco they wanted the flowers ordered at least 30 days in advance, I called on the 27th day before the wedding and they had to check to make sure they had time.......that was a scary few minutes!

Depending on the flowers you order, you will want them delivered about 3 days before the wedding. When they are shipped, they are barely "bud stage" and open while they are in your home. I had roses & white Asiatic lillies, and the roses opened nicely past the bud stage while in water with food kept in the basement which was cool. The lillies had 3-6 flowers per stem, and only 1-2 of the flowers were open when they arrived, and the remaining ones opened while I had them.

I arranged the centerpieces the morning before the wedding, and took them to the venue that evening before the rehearsal. If you are also doing the bouquets, bouts & corsages, those will have to be returned to a cool area. Bouquets can be kept in vases (I purchased some 4" square vases specifically for this and stood the bouquets up), and the bouts & corsages can be kept in the refrigerator. We just put them in coffee cups to stand them up, with a tiny bit of water at the bottom.

I had a wonderful experience with this. Good luck!  
  • Options
    Thank you! I will make sure to call 30 days ahead of time.

When you say you're not sure what the post above is about, was it something I said? Thansk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image230 Invited
    image180Accepted
    image50 Declined
    image0 Undecided
    RSVP Date: July 25, 2012
  • Options
    I'm ordering from sams and I placed my order yesterday for 3 week away. It looks like it needed at least 2 weeks time to order. It said to have it arrive 2 days before your event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards