Wedding Invitations & Paper

How much did your invites weigh?

I'm trying to figure out what all to include in my invitations. In a perfect world, I would have a pocketfold, the invitation, 3 insert cards, and the RSVP envelope. However, I have a bad feeling that would put the invites over an ounce and I can't afford that much postage. If you did something like that, how much was postage/envelope? If you kept it under an ounce, what all was included?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much did your invites weigh?

• I just paid the standard postage for my invitations.  They included: invitation, RSVP card and envelope, and information card (with accommodations and wesite).  Since the ceremony and reception were at the same place, we didn't need a reception card, and we opted not to do the pocket fold.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-much-did-your-invites-weigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:7a3a5a1d-1c77-41b1-965f-f61f746dab4dPost:552bbdb1-1d41-4761-9f4b-a3d95351e2e8">How much did your invites weigh?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to figure out what all to include in my invitations.<strong> In a perfect world, I would have a pocketfold, the invitation, 3 insert cards, and the RSVP envelope</strong>. However, I have a bad feeling that would put the invites over an ounce and I can't afford that much postage. If you did something like that, how much was postage/envelope? If you kept it under an ounce, what all was included?
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I had. I don't know the exact weight but my invites sent within the US required 65 cents each to mail.
  • Mine is a pocketfold, with a mat, invitation, and 3 inserts (no RSVP envelope - it's a postcard.) My envelopes are lined, and it came in at 1.75 ounces, which is 65 cents to mail.

The only thing I will warn with the pocketfold - it's considered "rigid" which is typically extra postage too because they can't/won't just throw it through the machine. You have to ask your post office to hand cancel (versus just throwing them into any mailbox) but the risk exists that they will charge you extra at the destination because it's "rigid."

The manager at my post office insists that the post offices across america aren't *that* douchey even though admitedly some of his employees are.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a flat, double layered invite, the rsvp card & envelope and ONE insert.  I had to pay the $.65 postage.  If you have that many inserts and a pocketfold, I'm sure you will end up paying more than that.
  • I had standard postage with:

Flat single layer invitation
    RSVP Card/envelope
    Accomodations Card
    Reception Card
    Belly Band

I lucked out!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-much-did-your-invites-weigh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:7a3a5a1d-1c77-41b1-965f-f61f746dab4dPost:29fff2cd-3b75-41de-89e7-180dfda1a9de">Re: How much did your invites weigh?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had standard postage with: Flat single layer invitation RSVP Card/envelope Accomodations Card Reception Card Belly Band I lucked out!
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]
    That's great! If I don't do a pocketfold, I'll do a belly band, so it's good to know the postage worked out for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had a pocketfold invite with the invitation 2 inserts and the rsvp envelope and ours was 85 cents each. I am not sure how much they weighed but I know we had to put 85 cent stamps on them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards