North Carolina-Outer Banks

Event Home Reception....Catering Opinions Needed

Hello Ladies!

I am lookin for some feedback on the catering for our event home reception.  Im not sure if I am going to have a catered buffet dinner OR have an old-fashioned beach bbq?  My mom and several friends thought it would be so much fun to have a bbq style dinner since the setting is going to be more relaxed and intimate at the event home.  I like the idea of a bbq style reception but dont if its frowned upon or not?  I am ALL about a bbq or summer cookout, but this is my wedding day and am unsure of how I feel about it for such an important day.

I mean, I dont want my guests thinking "how tacky is this" or something like that?  Can you fellow brides please give me your opinions and feedback on this?  I can tell you that we are considering a white tent for the reception but nothing tooooo formal.  Brent and I are very laid back beach-goers and dont want anything too uppitty for our tastes.

Thanks!
Charlene

Re: Event Home Reception....Catering Opinions Needed

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're hiring High Cotton BBQ who have two levels of service, one which includes servers in attendance.  Check them out.  We tried the food and it's very good!!!

Good luck!
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, thanks for the tip!  A good friend of my mom's, her daughter recently was married in obx and used Coastal Provisions and were very appy with their service and food.  Have you tried them or heard any feedback from others? 

Funny, our wedding day is exactly 1 month apart...yayyyyy!!!  And we have the same ticker, too cute are we!

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards