Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Want to do unity candle but its an outside ceremony...

Any suggestions on how to do a unity candle for an outside ceremony? or is it dumb to even do it... Im not real big into the whole sand thing.. or any of the other unity candle alternatives....

Re: Want to do unity candle but its an outside ceremony...

• Options
    Unless there are enormous wind gusts the day of your wedding, you should be able to do a unity candle at an outside ceremony... you just might want to have some kind of enclosed holder for the candles so they're less likely to go out.

I think unity candles can be a lovely part of a wedding, so long as you don't plan on playing a really long song that your guests have to sit through after the 60-90 seconds it takes to do the actual candle part. You can ask your DJ to fade the song out after the candle is lit.
  • Options
    You could get one of those trick candles that don't flow out.
  • Options
    Use hurricane shades and handheld lighters. I've seen lots of pictures on florist websites of unity candles outdoors and that is how they are shown to be done.
  • Options
    Our wedding was outside and I don't like sand ceremonies either and wanted to have a unity candle.  I bought a really pretty oil lamp and oil lamp tapers for the unity candles. 
  • Options
    If you don't like them, you don't have to do any of them. We're not doing anything bc I don't love them either.

But if you do want to do it, I agree with PP. Use a hurricane vase.
  • Options
    We're using an oil unity ensemble we bought from Glass Dimensions. www.glassdimensions.com. It comes with an engraved hurricane to go over the 3 oil candles.
  • Options
    I had a unity candle in a previous wedding and it was outside. There is no problem with it at all! Unless of course it's a very windy day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards