Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Hotels in Baltimore for Reception

hi!
I am somewhat new to the area and just got engaged. I wanted to know if any of you have been to or had your reception at a hotel by the harbor! Is it worth the money? Was it accomidating? I have a lot of out of town guests! If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!

Re: Hotels in Baltimore for Reception

• Options
    kamcbride19kamcbride19 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    hi! I am somewhat new to the area and just got engaged. I wanted to know if any of you have been to or had your reception at a hotel by the harbor! Is it worth the money? Was it accomidating? I have a lot of out of town guests! If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never been to any near the Harbor, but the Hyatt looks amazing.  We were in Bmore last Saturday night and that really stuck out.  I'd just search reviews on hotels in the harbor area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nertgirl02nertgirl02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of the venues i looked at was Sheraton Hotel in towson. They have good food and if u get married on a friday or sunday you get a discount. The places at the harbor are expensive but if u can afford it I say go for it. The Hilton hotel in whitemarsh. The have a nice space and dont have a food and beverage minimum and really good prices.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Inner Harbor Marriott is beautiful. Contact Soheil Photography for some other venue ideas as well as awesome photography service! http://www.soheilphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding at Pier 5 recently it was really nice, The staff was great.
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Brenda, the last like 4 posts I have seen from you have mentioned soheil photography... are you a vendor?
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    BmoreBride311BmoreBride311 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Marriott waterfront. It is nice looking, and the views are great, but they don't offer very much flexibility (you have to pick one of their packages, use their catering, etc.).

If you want right on the water, you could also consider the Baltimore Museum of Industry. We ended up deciding to go with the American Visionary Art Museum, which is near the inner harbor but a block back. We are using the Marriott for room blocks for guests and got a good deal on that.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I will be having our reception at the Intercontinental on Light St. It's got amazing views of the harbor. It also only hosts 1 wedding per day even though it has 2 ballrooms, so you have the option of using both for your day without the worry of being out of their way for another event. You get full use of the baby grand piano as well. Most of our guests will be coming from out of town, so this was really ideal for us. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    ddcalischddcalisch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where ever you go stay AWAY from BWI Westin. The customer service has been HORRIBLE!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards