Not Engaged Yet
Options

WR: My first WR post (I think?!)

I just sent an email to THE venue with our last questions before putting our deposit down (obviously, we science geeks are ridiculous with making sure everything is PERFECT before committing.)

I also have a phone call with who I believe to be THE photographer next week.  I went to undergrad with her, trust her a ton, and love her photos.  I don't see how she would have any negatives, haha.  <--such a good photographer pun!  I think the only downside is that I'd just have one photographer, but I'm not sure if I NEED a second shooter (and I could probably get one, but since she's traveling from out of state, I don't want to up my travel costs too much)

This is getting real, folks.
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: WR: My first WR post (I think?!)

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Yay, Blue, that's so exciting! Did you AW the venue you're booking? If so, I missed it and would love to see (unless you don't want to share, of course). 

As for the 2nd shooter, we're having one for a few hours. I wanted to have 2 for the ceremony and for pictures (to help get them done faster). I don't think 2 are necessary, it just happens to fit into our budget.

• Options
    I didn't AW the venue yet, but I'm going to keep quiet until it's official haha.  You'll notice I also didn't AW the date, although I did change it on my knot profile thinger.  So you can knot stalk me and find it, probably ;)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Woo hoo!! That's so exciting!

My venue coordinator told me that having a 2nd photographer would be a smart choice but my photographer is independent and doesn't have an assistant. Plus I don't want to hire another one and have both of them running around and not having some sort of idea of how each other actually works. The only time I think I would actually need one is before the ceremony for the photographer to get shots of both the bride and groom getting ready and with the wedding party. I'm sure everything will work out though.

Doesn't it feel awesome to start checking some things off?

• Options
    Can Knot stalk you...haha!

I'm so excited to hear that you found THE venue! That was a huge decision for us, so I know how hard it can be to commit. Seems like everything was cake after that though, so hopefully it is for you too. I can't wait for you to aw your venue. eek!

We also opted (just last week actually) to get a 2nd shooter for 3 hours. This will cover the getting dressed photos, the ceremony and the after ceremony formals. My photographer made a good case for it, and it's only tacking on an additional $150. You might talk with your photographer to see if she has any connections in your state or if she'd be willing to find and work with someone new. You never know what possibilities she may come up with. If you decide or are not able to go that route through...I'd absolutely say it's not necessary and your photos will be lovely regardless!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!
  • Options
    Allusive, yea, one of the best things about my potential photographer is that I know her, so I know she'll be straight with me.  I've loved her photos from weddings where she had a second shooter and from those where she didn't, so I think I'll be good either way.

mhollister, these first couple checks are awesome because 1) it makes it official (we have a date now!) and 2) I think they're the hardest checks.  The rest of the checks are like...decorations and cake.  I can do cake :)
  • Options
    Yay, how exciting!  I think picking a venue and setting the date was the biggest relief.  It just made everything official and exciting (OMG it is really happening!). 

We are having a second shooter, but only because our photographer is including it in our package (I think it is part of all of her packages).  It was one of the things that while nice, we didn't think would be necessary. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Liv, you are an excellent Knot stalker.  :)  Congratulations!

• Options
    I'm so glad you posted this!   I've been debating the same thing lately!  My photographer is also someone I knew.  I danced with her in highschool and have been LOVING her photos the last couple of years, so I immediately knew I wanted her to do the wedding.   But she's independent, as well.  I know she's posted on facebook about working with another photographer for a wedding, so I may ask about another contact for a possible second shooter for ours. 

And YAY to your venue and photographer!   That's so exciting.  I think those first few checks made it all feel so real.  Can't wait to see pics!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Suzie, I'm definitely going to ask her what she thinks.  And since she hasn't been to the venue before, I'm going to take lots of pictures when we go up to sign the contract so she can have kinda a basic feel for the place.  Plus they'll kinda help me figure out decorations and stuff too :)

At least once we have the venue all squared away, my FI can stop having to take off work to meet with venue people (he's been flexing the time, but I think he just wants to work a normal 9-5 week one of these days haha)

• Options
    Those are such exciting checks! I'm excited for you to AW your venue :)

• Options
    I'm late, but WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Those are two big things that make it all real!

On the 2nd shooting thing, we're having one since it's included in our package and I'm finding it to be a huge stress reliever. Like, I don't have to worry about photog's time limit or anything, making sure pics of all of the guests are being taken, etc. But, it just happened to fit in our budget. If it's a budget buster, then it isn't worth it, IMO. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options

Yaya! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see the venue.  Can we see the possible photographer?  In my case a second shooter wasn’t really worth it.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards