Flowers
Options

flower in hair

For my bridal portraits, I got a small orchid attached to half of a comb to put in my hair (this will work better than a flower attached to a wire/pick since I am wearing my hair down and won't really have anything to stick the pick through).  After being kept in the refrigerator for a day, the flower almost immediately fell off the comb.  I want to wear a flower in my hair for the wedding but now I'm concerned about having trouble with it!  Did anyone else run into a similar problem?  Any suggestions/advice other than testing the glue when picking up the flower and having some super glue on hand?  Can/should they attach the flower to the comb with a wire instead?

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: flower in hair

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    The flower should definitely be attached with wire and not with glue.  If they used hot glue, then placing the flower in a cold area (such as a refrigerator) will cause the glue to loosen and thus the flower will fall off.  Florists should know how to appropriately wire an orchid and then it can easily be attached to the comb.

• Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  I think this is exactly what happened so I will make sure they wire the flowers for the wedding.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards