Moms and Maids
Options

Short a bridesmaid with less than 2 months

I just had one of my bridelsmaids back out and my wedding is 2 months away. now I have an uneven amount of boys/girls.  this girl is tiny so I dont have anyone that can fit in her dress. How do I kick out one of the guys? And how do I deal with this girl? I still need her to pay for her dress of none of the other girls can get thiers. HELP!!

Re: Short a bridesmaid with less than 2 months

• Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PLENTY of brides here on the Knot and out in the world have uneven BP's.  And if you ask anyone else NOW, they are going to know that they are an afterthought.

And you CANNOT KICK OUT ONE OF THE GUYS.  Do NOT even think about it.  The guys are not your decision.    And if you do, chances are you will ruin his relationship with your future husband.  Not to mention, how your future husband will view YOU.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should not kick anyone out or replace the bridesmaid.  Having uneven sides is perfectly fine. 
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_short-bridesmaid-less-2-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:89423f43-7906-4119-bef9-37f18d8958faPost:6a854e6e-7ffe-4dca-834d-2be671c7a25b">Short a bridesmaid with less than 2 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had one of my bridelsmaids back out and my wedding is 2 months away. now I have an uneven amount of boys/girls.  this girl is tiny so I dont have anyone that can fit in her dress. How do I kick out one of the guys? And how do I deal with this girl? I still need her to pay for her dress of none of the other girls can get thiers. HELP!!
    Posted by KristenS09[/QUOTE]
    You DON'T kick out one of the guys.  First of all, that is your FI's side and not for you to decide on and second of all, that is RUDE and a FRIENDSHIP-ENDING MOVE.  The sky won't fall, your marriage won't be invalid, and it won't be the end of the world if you have one more GM than BM.  Get a grip.

Talk to your bridal salon about the dresses.  If the other BMs pay they shouldn't be holding their dresses ransom because another girl hasn't paid.  They can take it up with your friend (she is still you friend and not just "this girl" right?)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uneven sides does not make your wedding less valid.  Don't kick anyone out and don't ask anyone last minute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had six on my side, four on his, one of them has stepped down for financial reasons and I now have five to his four. I really don't see an issue with that. What reason did she give that she cannot be in the wedding? I wouldn't add anyone because they would feel second best, I would just eat the cost of the dress and move on.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you'll get lucky and all the bridal party members will drop out, making both sides an even 0, because they realize you view them as props instead of friends.

These are not people to visually offset the bride and groom on the wedding day.  These should be people that you are close to, who you want supporting you and literally and figuratively "standing by you" on the biggest day of your life. 

But if they are just props, why don't you call a casting company and see if they have someone in her size who you can rent for the big day?
    Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_short-bridesmaid-less-2-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:89423f43-7906-4119-bef9-37f18d8958faPost:81438cbd-100e-40c1-ab95-b3ad3d16aeb8">Re: Short a bridesmaid with less than 2 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you'll get lucky and all the bridal party members will drop out, making both sides an even 0, because they realize you view them as props instead of friends. These are not people to visually offset the bride and groom on the wedding day.  These should be people that you are close to, who you want supporting you and literally and figuratively "standing by you" on the biggest day of your life.  But if they are just props, why don't you call a casting company and see if they have someone in her size who you can rent for the big day?
    Posted by mnp555[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID!!!  This reminded me not to feel guilty for my odd choice of only immediate local family and my bestie being present for our ceremony.  Everyone else is invited to our reception 6 months later... no backlash on this please, this was a financial and timing decision.  ^_^
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...that's a little harsh:

"Maybe you'll get lucky and all the bridal party members will drop out, making both sides an even 0, because they realize you view them as props instead of friends. These are not people to visually offset the bride and groom on the wedding day.  These should be people that you are close to, who you want supporting you and literally and figuratively "standing by you" on the biggest day of your life.  But if they are just props, why don't you call a casting company and see if they have someone in her size who you can rent for the big day?
    Posted by mnp555"

I think she got the idea from the other posts of how to best handle this situation. No reason to be rude to someone you don't know or who's situation you know nothing about Smile
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Wow...that's a little harsh: No reason to be rude to someone you don't know or who's situation you know nothing about
    Posted by megh0618[/QUOTE]

To be completely honest with you, what the OP said has been posted SO many times on these boards.  So she was bound to get a response  like that... which is mild compared to some things that COULD have been said to her on other boards.

And since the OP flat out SAID that she wanted to kick out a guy, only to make it even, was ridiculous.  THAT'S why she got that response.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_short-bridesmaid-less-2-months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:89423f43-7906-4119-bef9-37f18d8958faPost:6a854e6e-7ffe-4dca-834d-2be671c7a25b">Short a bridesmaid with less than 2 months</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had one of my bridelsmaids back out and my wedding is 2 months away. now I have an uneven amount of boys/girls.

Posted by KristenS09[/QUOTE]

Aaaand....????

I don't see a problem. Who cares if they're uneven??
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's NO reason to be stressed about this.  You'll have an uneven WP which is FINE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an uneven bridal party because one of my friends dropped out. Beyond my feelings being a little hurt, it was fine. The pictures were lovely and it just meant that one bridesmaid walked down with two guys. Not a bad gig for her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well no she is no longer my friend.  She said some extremely rude/hurtful things to me such as "well if you can't pay for my stuff then obviously you are to poor to get married"

Anyways one of my finace's guys volunteered to be out since he recently ended his engagement with one of my bridesmaids
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards