Who will marry us?

Ok so my biggest issue is figuring out who will marry us.  Thought my cousin was ordained, but turns out he isn't.  The FI and I are not church-goes, but we do consider ourselves religious/spiritual and getting married is so intimate I don't feel comfortable just having anyone do it.  Does anyone have any suggestion on where to start or particular people they are using/have used in the Detroit area?    We are ok with a male or female.  Thank you in advance :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who will marry us?

• We are meeting with Kirk from Secular Ceremony and will probably use him. He does any level of religion/spiritualism/whatever you prefer. We also considered using The Wedding Connection.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are using Tab Martin of Wishing Well Weddings.
    At least 1/2 the price of any other company we looked at, and very friendly.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ditto the Kirk from Secular Ceremonies.  We booked him back in December and I absolutely love him.  Another knottie is getting married on our rehearsal day, so we pushed our rehearsal back so that she could use him too.  That's how much I like him.  He's also ultra reasonable, less than half of a lot of other ministers.

I've heard that LaDonna is another good one to go with but she was double what Kirk charges.
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love our officiate Rev. Phillip Rogers.  Will tailor the ceremony to your liking.  His message is different and if you use his vows they are different too.  Every time I read then I start to tear up!  You can google him or his website is www.godnrmarriages.com.  He is very reasonably priced, done a lot of weddings and is in the Detroit area.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited March 2012
    We used Rev. Steve Goodrum - his wife is also ordained. 
    We were hesitant at first but it turned out great and he was so nice and down to earth. And made the entire thing enjoyable. 
  • Suzette70Suzette70 member
    edited May 2012
  • Hi,
    Haven't posted in a while and I had to change my screenname when I moved from theknot to the pump! I was July32011!
    Anyway, my Uncle got ordined online at Universal Life Church. It is 100% legal and binding in Michigan.  So you can have your cousin become ordained, it takes only a few minutes!
    Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lol clearly i meant thebump! Sorry
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!  I am in the process of contacting my first choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards