Attire & Accessories Forum

Question about BM dresses...

Our wedding is on April 10 on the beach.  Im having a hard time trying to decide on a BM dress due to weather.  It very well could be 80 degrees or could be 50.  Any suggestions on what type of dress or skirt I could do.  (its a very casual wedding)  Im worried that if i do spagetti straps its going to be cold and if I do long sleeve it'll be hot. I've looked at 1000's of pictures and have yet to find one that hits me.  
Thanks for any help!!!

Re: Question about BM dresses...

• i like the spaghetti straps idea.. its better if you have any bustyier bridesmaids, and a bolero jacket would be awesome and classy

http://elliebridal.co.uk/images/picture%20bolero1small.jpg
  • You're honestly going to make your BMs and guests stand/sit outside if it's 50 degrees? I think that's terribly rude, but that's a whole other story.

For a beach wedding I definitely don't think of long sleeve dresses.  Go with strapless/sleeveless and have pashminas/wraps ready in case.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmm, 50 degrees is terribly rude?  I think its borderline, especially for folks from New England.  What would be the minimum temperature cutoff for an outdoor ceremony that most folks would agree on?  60?  70?  After all, people have their guests outside baking in the 90 degree heat.  I don't know about you all, but 50 degrees is much more comfortable than 90!
  • I think 90 degree weather for outdoor ceremonies is rude too, not so much for females, but the poor men in tuxes/suits. 50 is chilly for everyone...especially girls in dresses.  The ten degress between 50 and 60 is pretty significant, imo.

You'll notice I'm from Boston too...so I'm speaking from a New Englander's perspective.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for your ideas.  I agree that 50 degrees is a little cooler than I'd like, but unless I want to wait until next summer, I have no choice.  I had alot of the planning done (geared toward a beach wedding and that has been my dream to get married on the beach) when my original plans for an August wedding fell through.  There was an issue with the venue.  So looking at venues for ceremony & reception the only thing I could find was for April.  Yes I wish it could warmer and yes its been extremly stressful trying to push 8 months left of planning into 2.  But its also been fun and in the end I know it'll be well worth everything because I will be married to my best friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards