Registry and Gift Forum

What do i get the parents

I have been looking at what I can get for both of our parents as gifts. I have no idea what to get, my sister gave my parents a frame when she got married so I really don't want to do the same, any suggestions?

Re: What do i get the parents

• What's your budget for a gift?  It may help us give you an idea.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm just saying - I hope our kids (both are engaged) do not get us gifts. I know everyone is different but for me, it's just not necessary.  I am so excited to go to their weddings that that is all the gift I need or want.  I just really don't need or want another thing from them.   I understand wanting to do something nice for your parents, don't we all?  But as a MOB and a MOB, personally, it's an expense my kids don't need to bother with.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:f59acd88-7df1-4f0f-a0c7-790c101be506Post:34246e15-4015-45b2-82ce-88bf8bc4ae9f">Re: What do i get the parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just saying - I hope our kids (both are engaged) do not get us gifts. I know everyone is different but for me, it's just not necessary.  I am so excited to go to their weddings that that is all the gift I need or want.  I just really don't need or want another thing from them.   I understand wanting to do something nice for your parents, don't we all?  But as a MOB and a MOB, personally, it's an expense my kids don't need to bother with.
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]

While I can see why you made this statement, I think giving parents gifts is a great idea. We can always tell our parents in person how much their love and support means to us, we want to show them by going out and getting something for them that maybe they would never get for themselves. We got our parents digital photo frames and they love them and would never bought it for themselves.
  • I think $100 dollars is where we are leaning.  I know my mom would say she wouldn't want us to get her anything but she always says that about birthdays and really any holiday so I really want to get them something meaningful.
  • Hey what kind of dog is that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards