Christian Weddings

makeup?

i am still debating on doing it myself or getting it done. 

what are/did you ladies do? 

Re: makeup?

• edited December 2011
    FMIL finally convinced me I should get it done.  I'm really horrible at applying make-up!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm DIYing it -- practicing every week or two with what I have, whcih is mostly L'oreal true match and L'oreal studio secrets primer and eye shadow combos. 

I went to the Clinique counter for my "bridal" makeover, and got some GREAT tips on doing my make-up.  I am going in June (a few weeks prior to July 16!!) to purchase the Clinique foundation and eye shadows that she used because I've looked at Ulta and other places and can't find the same eye shadow combos and I really LOVED the coverage I got on the Clinique "perfectly real" foundation.  Plus, it costs the same, if not less than the stuff at Ulta like smashbox or bare minerals, and if I shop it just right... I can get the Clinique bonus too, which means "free" products!!! :-)

I don't wear too much make-up on a regular basis, mostly eye liner mascara, sometimes a little cream foundation, and I'll dress it up a bit for going out with the FI or for special occasions.  I want something that looks natural but also hides the imperfections in my photos.  I'm okay with the imperfections on a normal basis, but I absolute LOVED the photo quality finish i got with the Clinque makeup!!
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own. I own a lot of makeup and do my makeup regularly. Clinique irritated my skin so I switched to Bare Escentuals and have been using Urban Decay on my eyes for years. Smashbox blush!
  • edited December 2011
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE makeup......and i do my makeup everyday. but i dont know how WELL i do it...at least for a wedding where i will be photographed ALOT. i am thinking of getting it done either at the MAC counter or another makeup counter in a few months to see if i like it..and then go from there. i am worried that it would be too heavy. i looked up an old youtube video from Kandee Johnson (whom i adore!) of a bridal look she did...and i like it alot! 

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine the best I can with help from my "sister" who's also doing my hair.  :)

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate make-up, but my mom has convinced me I need have some for the pictures. She'll probably do it for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    ya...i would REALLY recommend makeup...it is the most photographed day of your life...and a lot of the time lights can wash you out, or make you look blotchy....makeup can help that. 

you can just have a nice natural look...that way it doesnt LOOK like you're wearing tons of makeup but you still have that flawless look. (:
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:bafd6a14-e5e8-4b58-8d56-4d6266e8a3bePost:10f1cd8a-581d-42d2-852b-df8e66fc911e">Re: makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i LOVE LOVE LOVE makeup......and i do my makeup everyday.<strong> but i dont know how WELL i do it...</strong>at least for a wedding where i will be photographed ALOT. i am thinking of getting it done either at the MAC counter or another makeup counter in a few months to see if i like it..and then go from there. i am worried that it would be too heavy. i looked up an old youtube video from Kandee Johnson (whom i adore!) of a bridal look she did...and i like it alot!  <a href="http://kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-getting-married.html" rel='nofollow'>http://kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-getting-married.html</a>
    Posted by amongthelilies25[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is to practice and take pictures of yourself in different lighting - that's what I did :) Practice practice practice.
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin/BM said she'd do my makeup for me.  Maybe she can do a trial run before my shower!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    It would have been difficult to find someone to do my make-up where we were getting married (it was pretty remote) and I don't think I really trusted anyone else to do it for me because I wouldn't have wanted a lot of make-up.  I wanted to look like my normal self for my pictures.

I went to Sephora a few weeks before the wedding and talked to a girl there who spent time with me figuring out what I wanted and then helping me apply it.  She would do one eye and then have me do the other.  Then one side for foundation and I would do the other.  If I didn't feel like I did it right or she didn't think I had it quite right, we would wash it off and do it again.  I didn't have foundation so I bought that along with a couple of other items.  Then I used that make-up and some of my own to do it myself.

Here's how it turned out so you can decide for yourself if I did okay.  (just don't tell me if I didn't)  Smile

• edited December 2011
    Joesgurl - I think you look gorgeous - you can't tell that it is DIY makeup!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    joyful- those are all great products! Good choices!

I do my makeup everyday as well, but I was afraid that I wouldn't know how to make it stay on all day and night, so I decided to have someone do it. Everyone was WAY too expensive, but then FI's mom told me that one of her friends (who is invited to the wedding) does makeup for the Bobbi Brown counter (Bobbi Brown is a very good line of cosmetics). We went to Macy's and had her do a trial run and I really liked it so she is going to come to the hotel the day of the wedding and do my makeup. It will be way cheaper since she is a friend of FI's mom. 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DEFINITELY get it done professionally. This was one of the things that was not budge-worthy for me. It's the most photographed day of your life, and you want to look your best. I had a professional hair and makeup artist travel to the bridal suite where I got ready. For makeup, I got airbrush makeup done and it was amazing. It's so lightweight, you don't even feel it and it lasts ALL day and night. Mine lasted through all the sweat (we were outdoors for the ceremony and cocktail hour and it was really hot out) and tears. The BM's who got theirs done with me raved about their makeup as well and how long it lasted and how flawless it looks.

I do my own makeup every day with various products from MAC and Sephora including MAC's prep and prime primer, but there was a huge difference between my every day makeup and the wow factor of my wedding day makeup.
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also did airbrush, and it was the best decision I could have made. I wear a little bit of makeup normally, but it usually fades by the end of the day. I was a little nervous because heavier makeup often looks clownish on me. My makeup artist gave me a natural look that lasted the entire day. I was so happy with it, and I LOVE how it looks in my pictures. 
  • BLuvsEBLuvsE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own makeup. I use Artistry because I love the coverage and their website has all kinds of How-To's so I don't have to guess.
    image My first little one - a boy born November 27, 2012. EBF - Natural Birth - Cloth Diaper - Dr. Sears' Vax Schedule - CoSleepers - Water Birth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards