Colorado-Denver
Options

Photography help!

Hey girls.  I have been reading back posts about photography and who is good, great, affordable... I am looking to spend about $1500.00- no more than $2000.00. I like the photo- journalist look, but my future MIL will want some that are more formal. I would love to see some of your pictures and hear about your experience.  

While I am rambling... I am also looking for a videographer. I just emailed Jay Schipper.  Has anyone heard of him?
Thanks ladies.  This site has made my life so much easier!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Photography help!

• Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jay for videography...he was good & affordable but I *think* he's moved back to Atlanta.

For photography, check out Rachel Terry of Stellar Photography!  She is amazing, photojournalistic style but able & willing to do formal portraits as well.  I've got a few of her photos in my married bio.  Her website is www.stellar-photo.com She was hands down our favorite vendor!  Definiately check her out!  She's amazing!  If you talk to her please tell her that Chellie & John referred you (we can't sing her praises enough!!!)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Anna Oertli for our photographer - she did our engagement pics and we loved them! She's got other weddings on her website: www.oertliphotography.com. She is fun, takes amazing pictures, and will work with you to give you want you want within your budget. You can tell her Melissa & Jason sent you!

Good luck!
    Melissa
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using my sister Lol. I love her pictures she has done tons of weddings, family and more pictures.

Here is her website

http://www.demandart.net/MarieBarnes

She is working on updated all her info.. Feel free to contact her throught her website I am sure she will love to help you out!

p.s I don't get anything for recomending her but tell her I sent you from the Knot.com
  • Options
    dragonkat79dragonkat79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Chris McLaughlin Photography. He has 4 levels of packages and if you refer someone to him you can get free services. That is not why I am doing this; he has taken family pictures for my boss, taken pictures for the cupcake shoppe that I work at, and seen his work for a wedding he did that we did cupcakes for. He is friendly and can do both styles you need.

ChrisMcLaughlinPhotography.com is the website, if you decide to use him let him know that Katrina and Jason referred you. Good luck!
  • Options
    kzagurskikzagurski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok my sister has more pictures on her Facebook Page. She just got it all registered and working on her real website but here are more pictures

Check em out and become a fan. She is doing a great deal for 1 lucky person on her fan list! and Right now she just has family who won't be able to win!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Broomfield-CO/Life-Moments-Photography/371717494391?ref=ts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using RachaelHopePhotography. She is amazing! And as you can see on her website she starts at $1500 for weddings and $250 for engagements. You can see our engagement pictures and other pictures she has taken on her blog or website. rachaelhopephotography.com
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Yellow Paddle Photography- They do both photography and videography. 

Overall you just have to feel comfortable with who you are working with- Love the pictures and the people.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Garrett Hacking at Photograpy G.  www.photographyg.com

He's super affordable, does a good mix of the formal + photoj, and captures some of the most brilliant shots (things you didn't even know were going on).  He's amazing. 

It's kinda funny when you think that the photos are the only things you have of that day a year after your wedding (something you don't really think about a year before), and i find, oddly enough, that so little goes toward the photographer (in terms of budget, research, and chemistry-hunting).

Garrett's great, and I highly recommend!  

Good luck. 
  • Options
    paigef11paigef11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Lindsay J. Lack http://www.weddings.lindsayjphoto.com/
    She actually has a degree in photojournalism but also does traditional posed pics, and gets rave reviews from the girls I've come across who used her. I have only met her once (our wedding isn't until Sept), but I instantly liked her and felt confident that she was the one.

We got lucky and booked her while she was new to town and offering a great special to drum up local business, but she was still very accomodating and had no problem making adjustments to make sure we got what we wanted while sticking to our tight budget. We were able to get 6 hrs of pics (however many she can take in that time), plus a photo booth on a budget very similar to yours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards