New Jersey - South
Options

Not having a rehersal dinner, need suggestions

So my fiance + I have decided not to do a rehersal dinner because we are getting married down the shore and we figured it would be hard/silly to practice on the beach, Plus it would be hard to get everyone together. We are still getting our family members,bridesmaids + ushers gifts for the wedding but since we are not having a rehersal dinner then when should be do that. I would like to have everyone together to do this but I feel this will be very hard. Any one have any suggestions as to what I should do. The wedding is in less then 4 months. Thanks

Re: Not having a rehersal dinner, need suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you completely against having a dinner?  I mean you dont need to have a rehearsal.  This is what we're doing (well actually it's a luncheon) but in a Jewish wedding there is no formal rehearsal...just something the day of and the bride does not participate, but to welcome our family and wedding party, we're doing a "rehearsal" luncheon.  FMIL wanted to do it and so did I, and I think it will be nice to kick off the wedding weekend with everyone!  If you dont want to do that, I would suggest something informal.  Gather at a restaurant with a private room and you give your gifts.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You probably wont have everyone together before the wedding by chance.  You will have to plan a dinner, drinks, lunch, bbq, whatever and invite them.  If you are foregoing any get-together, I recommend that you and FI give the gifts to your attendants before the wedding as you're getting ready.  If you plan to get mani/pedis with your girls the day before, you could do lunch and give them gifts then.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

My parents and I are just having an informal light dinner of deli trays in a meeting room of the hotel where the OOT guests and myself are staying.  Not sure if the rehearsal will be the night before or the day of the wedding.  Like viewfromheaven, I am also having a Jewish wedding.

• Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI's brother and SIL had a BBQ at their house after the rehearsal.  I would agree with above posts... I would want to have some sort of informal GTG, because OOT guests and BP want to spend as much time with you around the wedding as possible.
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards