August 2012 Weddings

Bridesmaid Dress Freak out!!! please help

I know its really early to already have found bridesmaid dresses but they are super awesome and in the color that i wanted..the only thing is that i have to order them online and im afraid if i wait to long they are going to be gone.....PLEASE HELP ME...

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Freak out!!! please help

• Ah that's so difficult! I would say go for it if the color is what you are looking for and the price is right I was say hell yeah go for it! BUT what would happen if the sizes you order don't fit your girls or the dresses don't look good? Is the company gonna allow you to return them with no problems? That would be the only worry that I would have.

I went out with my girls a couple months ago and they all like the same style dress but we're afraid to order them because some of the girls say their weight changes alot! I keep watching the dresses on Davids Bridal website to make sure they didn't go on sale. Two of my girls are all set and said they would buy their dress now, but I am also afraid that if they do get theirs while I have other that wait, they would end up going on sale and might not be in the other girls sizes or something.

Such a hard choice to make! What do your Bridesmaids think about it??

Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I havent officially asked my bridesmaid yet becuz i think it still early but if i go with these dresses then ill have to ask them..there are so many questions that i have no idea what to do
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would talk with your bridesmaids and see what they think about ordering them now? If they seem hesitent then maybe just wait and I am sure closer to you will find something you love just as much or they might still be around :)
  • After being told a few times myself that it's to early to be looking at BM dresses, I finally believe them. If you haven't officially asked your girls yet, I don't think I would worry about ordering dresses. A lot can change in a year so you might want to hold off. Plus if you order them now you might miss out on a style you like even more from next years fashions.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_bridesmaid-dress-freak-out-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:982b24de-1114-40a6-bda4-2c3a9b81a801Post:6aa11b9e-6790-403d-850a-3bff6b86b3f0">Re: Bridesmaid Dress Freak out!!! please help</a>:
    [QUOTE]After being told a few times myself that it's to early to be looking at BM dresses, I finally believe them. If you haven't officially asked your girls yet, I don't think I would worry about ordering dresses. A lot can change in a year so you might want to hold off. Plus if you order them now you might miss out on a style you like even more from next years fashions.
    Posted by holi108[/QUOTE]

This, plus the fact that it might be a big overwhelming for them - being asked to be a part of the bridal party and oh by the way, I need you to order your dress now might not go over with everyone....
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My worry would be what you think of them in person when they arrive when you have been unable to see them previously. There is a big difference in what you see on the screen, what it looks like on a hanger and then on a body. If at all possible go see/try it on in person.

I asked my MOH a month or two after my engagement (so September-ish) and last weekend I visited her (we're 4 1/2 hours apart) to do her dress hunting. I am so proud to say we found it in only 1 appointment! I've always heard about the "the one" moment and it really was just that.  We were in the last 20 minutes of our appointment after about two dozen dresses and she walked out and I just knew instantly that was it and I know my feelings will not change 14 months from now. Now if I could only have a "the one" moment that I have not had for myself yet!

This is our selection, but in a deep purple/eggplant
    http://www.jasminebridal.com/ugC_Product_Detail.asp?hidP_kind=Bridesmaids&hidP_style=B2&hidj_line_order=3&hidP_Style_ID=B3039

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards