Wedding Invitations & Paper

Groom name CJ or Clifford John

I am about to order save the dates and I am undecided about the name I should use. My fiance is known by everyone as CJ but his real full name if Clifford John (and he is a Jr.) If I put CJ is that too informal? I thought it would be okay for save the dates, but now that I am thinking about it.. shouldn't save the dates and invitation names match? Opinions please!! Thanks

Re: Groom name CJ or Clifford John

• I like the idea of putting CJ for the save the dates and his full name for invitations. Our wedding isn't formal. The ceremony is in the woods and the reception is a very rustic venue. Thanks for the input :)
  • DItto PP. Use CJ on the save the dates and Clifford John Jr. on the wedding invites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We didn't do STD's or I would have used FI's "informal" name on those. His name is James (and he's a III), but he goes by Jim.

So on the invites, I used his full name James Middle Last III. Plus, his dad was on the invite as well, and he's James Jr. So it just got all sorts of confusing trying to figure out how best to distinguish between them.

I didn't want it to look like I was marrying his dad!!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards