June 2013 Weddings

What is everyone up to tonight/Weekend thread

Hey ladies what is everyone up to tonight and this weekend? Any fun wedding plans?

I am sitting here enjoying my beer, I have a half day of work tomorrow and I couldnt be more excited. FI and I are also pumped for our food tasting on Saturday.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: What is everyone up to tonight/Weekend thread

• I wish it was the weekend already! This week has dragged so much. We got a lot done for the wedding last weekend and I neglected my homework, so that gets to come this weekend... so not a fun weekend ahead.
  • Lia that seriously sounds like an awesome weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are going to a St. Patrick's Day Party at my parent's house on Saturday! Always a super fun time. Other than that we have no fun plans just boring weekend catch up stuff.
  • Hello ladies! I'm working on our invitations tonight and watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory!! Wishing I had a glass of wine to go with this, but alas I drank the last of it while working on invitations last night, haha, and didn't make it to the store today...sad face! I will probably end up spending most of my weekend finishing up our invitations. No St Patty's Day plans yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something fun to do!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My daughter comes home tomorrow for spring break so I am excited to see her. My shower is Saturday which I am partly excited for and partly feeling stupid about but oh well. I have to force my butt to the gym tomorrow because I know I will drink too much at the shower. And I have to get to the store to get the fixings for my famous corned beef dinner cooked in Guinness, another reason to get to the gym. So my goal is to do one hour of Zumba and one hour of power step. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a genealogy conference Saturday and getting together with one of my BMs on Sunday (YAY!)  And I really need to go get my volunteer shirts ordered so maybe they'll arrive before my next shift.  Of course, if I'm going to the museum to order shirts I might as well stay for a bit...LOL
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had boys in my house putting doorhandles on my guest room and bathroom doors. Yea! I folded a ton of laundry and watched Grey's Anatomy. It's about bedtime though.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sick... blah. I worked tonight. Worst shift, ever!

I have to pack our entire house for the move to Virginia tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow night I'm going with FILs to a funk/jazz concert for St. Patty's day. We'll see how that goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Good luck at the concert mrsjm!

Tomorrow I have my first dress fitting (yay!) then FI and I are meeting with a realtor to start looking into buying houses. Then that night we have dinner (and drinking) plans with 2 other couples. Sunday we don't have much of anything going on. Although I'm going to try to meet with a tutor since my stats class seems to be kicking my ass.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tonight I'm going to my parents house for dinner- Saturday, Mom and I are going to get my dress looked at- maybe add a corset back to it or something...
    Sunday I'm working. Fun Fun
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ring shopping (finally!) FI found one he liked in Vegas but wouldn't committ. And now he wants it, so he managed to find it online and ordered it and it should come today. So in his excitement he's taking me to buy mine this weekend.

We may also run a local 5K together tomorrow. And I hope so because I slept through my workout two days in a row now. Stupid jeg lag time change crap. *anger fist shake* I want my four hours back. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are hopefully looking at rings this weekend...tomorrow I'm going with my mom to see her dress and do a fitting and make my fitting appointments.  Our invitations are supposed to come in today so hopefully they do!!  Saturday night we are headed out to the bars for one of our best friends birthdays and maybe taking my niece to an easter egg hunt tomorrow morning, should be a fun weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think we are doing anything wedding related this weekend. But tonight FI wants to try making Shepard's Pie. Tomorrow we are going out to celebrate a friend's birthday with dinner and drinks, then Sunday we are going to my mom & stepfather's house to celebrate my little sister's 17th birthday. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Since I just got off work about two hours ago, my weekend has officially started!! Though I'll spend the next four or five hours sleeping.  Tonight my son has his first game of the spring soccer season, and Fi is coaching his team for the third season in a row.  DS's actual bio dad will pick him up after the game, and we will have all adult time until Sunday evening.  FSIL and her husband are coming over tomorrow for drinks/wedding stuff.  I don't have to be at work again until Tuesday at 8pm, so how's that for a weekend?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-is-everyone-up-to-tonightweekend-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:510c5caf-9a1b-4ca2-9e79-71733651062fPost:6eb8780c-95eb-4afd-86a5-a3b69cee6b81">Re: What is everyone up to tonight/Weekend thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we are doing anything wedding related this weekend. But tonight FI wants to try making Shepard's Pie. Tomorrow we are going out to celebrate a friend's birthday with dinner and drinks, then Sunday we are going to my mom & stepfather's house to celebrate my little sister's 17th birthday. :)
    Posted by Berry327[/QUOTE]

If it turns out well, you should share the recipe! I've tried making it a few times but haven't found a recipe I like very much. But I love it from a local Irish restaurant.... hmm maybe I should go there this weekend :)
  • emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_what-is-everyone-up-to-tonightweekend-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:510c5caf-9a1b-4ca2-9e79-71733651062fPost:2a352ce6-22b6-4e9d-b897-fe4764e33bb0">Re: What is everyone up to tonight/Weekend thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since I just got off work about two hours ago, my weekend has officially started!! Though I'll spend the next four or five hours sleeping.  Tonight my son has his first game of the spring soccer season, and Fi is coaching his team for the third season in a row.  DS's actual bio dad will pick him up after the game, and we will have all adult time until Sunday evening.  FSIL and her husband are coming over tomorrow for drinks/wedding stuff.  <strong>I don't have to be at work again until Tuesday at 8pm, so how's that for a weekend?
    </strong>Posted by Meghannsix[/QUOTE]

This is me being jealous.
  • Oh my gosh this week has been so long! Only 5 hours until my weekend officially starts - thank goodness!

Fi is coming home tonight so I am super excited. He's been gone all week so I've spent the time catching up on ordering the wedding invitations. I hear a beerrita (sp?) calling my name this weekend! We'll also go dancing at some point. Other than that just relaxing and enjoying the time with friends/family. :)
  • FI and I are having a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday, and Sunday we are going to my parents house for dinner. No wedding things planned for us. 
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    We are going on a mini vacation but sadly are not really looking forward to it.  Its with FMIL & FSIL and was sprung on us, so we more so felt obligated since FMIL was mad when we told her we may not be able to go.  And we are bitter because FBIL got out of it but we got the lecture of how we had to go!  Since its already 3:30 and we still have not been able to leave work yet, we pretty much get to drive over 3 hrs to sleep in a cabin and then pretty much come home tomorrow.  Hoping to at least get to venture off tomorrow night and find a fun irish pub for St. Patricks Day and extend the trip if we can.  Sunday will be relaxing hopefully!!

Happy St. Paddys Day!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards