Delaware

Mini-moon destinations within driving distance of Dover?

We're trying to plan a mini-moon for the weekend (just Friday and Saturday first weekend of October) after our wedding because we can't take our actual honeymoon for a while due to work schedules. We're aiming for a cute inn or bed and breakfast somewhere within a two to three hour drive of Dover, DE. Any good suggestions?

Re: Mini-moon destinations within driving distance of Dover?

• My husband I went to Charlottesville VA for two nights right after our wedding and stayed at a wonderful B&B there but it would be about 4 hrs away.  Some other thoughts I had were Gettysburg PA at a B&B  or Baltimore and stay at fancy hotel close to the Inner Harbour. 

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Try New Hope PA.  I haven't been there yet but we're dying to go. They have a bunch of B&B's and it sounds like what you're looking for.  Also, Annapolis might be a good spot.
  • Ooo ... I like the Annapolis suggestion a lot because I've never been there. It looks really cute online too.

And PS: New Hope is amazing! I currently live in Philly so we do occassional day trips up there. So cute.
  • VJones1981VJones1981 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Depending on what you want to do, there is a nice b and b in elkton, md. There isn't a lot do do, though there is a local spa and some local waterfront restraunts, but it is a nice place to go to relax and spend time together. It's probably about 2 hours from Dover, just over the MD line. The place is called Elk Forge. HTH. ETA: I just realized that you were going in Oct. There is also a great apple orchard nearby that has a lot of activities every weekend in the fall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aw I love New Hope! I used to go there all the time in high school. 

Let's see... driving distance from Dover.  You could always do someplace in Virginia, DC, Annapolis, Baltimore.  I think Poconos might be a wee bit far for you... but there are some CUTE B&Bs up there. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards