Honeymoon Discussions

cruise line help...

i am looking into booking a cruise to the greek isles in july. i am leaning towards celebrity, but it's pretty expensive. before i commit to anything i want to research all of my options. i was thinking of looking in to royal caribbean, holland america and/or princess. does anybody have any reviews on those cruise lines traveling within europe? if you have any other suggestion please let me know.
thanks!

Re: cruise line help...

• My best advice is to check out cruisecritic.com.  Read the basic reviews of all of the lines you're interested in and see which one best suits your needs.  You can also read reviews of the specific itineraries.  In reading the reviews though remember to take each one with a grain of salt as something that bothers one cruiser doesn't bother another.

• I loved our Royal Caribbean cruise.  It was less children and more adults then a few other ones we have taken.  They were pretty much the same just different ships.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just booked a Celebrity cruise!!! It is a little more expenvie than other lines but I think it's giong to be worth it.

• Tripadvisor.com has a section where people can review their cruises.  You could look at specific cruiselines and even specific ships.  I've only been on Royal Caribbean (never to Europe though) and find that it definitely has more of an adult crowd as opposed to Carnival which kind of has a reputation of being a more "party" cruiseline.  We are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise (western caribbean) for our honeymoon and I'm just looking forward to being away and in the warm weather :)
    Good Luck with your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a long-time traveler on RC, never to Europe though. we're taking a RC cruise for our HM in May. I can't speak on the other lines, but I have always been very pleased with RC and we are very excited!

one "splurge" i would rec is a balcony cabin- esp in area you're going. :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2010
    Now I remember you.  You wanted a luxury balcony! http://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=13582
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's me...I am going crazy planning this honeymoon! I want to decide and get there already lol!!
  • Celebrity is definitely a good experience, more refiined and "classic" than Carnival or NCL and in my experience the food was better. The crowd tends to be a bit calmer though so if you are looking for a patry experience I would suggest another line.

As other poster suggested look at cruisecritic.com and sign up (free) so you can see the boards and ask questions on there. There are honeymoon and destination boards as well as reviews which should help a lot.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards