Ohio-Toledo
Options

teresamarie

Has anyone used her/ is using her to officiate their wedding? I'm wondering what you think of her. She sent me an email  out of blue saying she could do weddings for $150. I never gave her my email so she must have found me from a bridal show. I've never met her or anything or contracted her before. In the email it said "ask me how" or "find out how" for her to do the wedding for $150. So I replied back saying I was interested. I figured she would send me some information. Instead, today she emails me back saying "Have you made a decision about me officating your wedding, I have another couple that are interested but I wanted to give you first choice." Which I thought was nice, but we had never discussed ANYTHING...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: teresamarie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh... sounds like she's trying to pressure you into making a decision. I have heard good things about her, but regardless of other peoples experience, I would be a little hesitante to just agree w/out discussing anything. You should email her back and ask if you two can discuss options before actually agreeing to anythng. I really hate when vendors do that crap. I have heard that SEVERAL times! They're like the wedding version of used car salesmen!! And that's their trademark line! LOL   Good luck, and NO pressure!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I did email her back. I told her I wanted to meet her and talk with her before I decided anything. I told her I wasn't going to sign anything or send her any money before meeting with her. She was nice about it, she said she understood.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She must have mistook your "I'm interested" to be "I want to hire you." Good for you for getting it all worked out!
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, maybe I didn't word it how I meant it. I just wanted her to send me some info about herself. Oh well, it's all worked out now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So did you end up hiring her?
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We haven't met her yet, so no, not yet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope the meeting goes great! I have heard good things about her so hopefully everything works out well! Good luck! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards