Snarky Brides
Options

NWR: Dress Help

Hi Ladies,
I never post over here but there seems to be more activity going on. I have an evening, weekday wedding coming up and then my company holiday party. I ordered this dress online, but I'm stuck as to what to wear with it.

It's freezing out so I was thinking of black tights, but then wanted to wear ballet flats because I hate to tower over FI. Do you think that'd look OK? I was going to pair a burgundy or grey cardigan with it.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Dress Help

• Options
    yea, once I have the dress - it should be here in a few days.

I did a google search online in terms of black dresses with tights and ballet flats, it seemed to look cute elsewhere.
  • Options
    Do you have silver shimmer tights? I feel like if you wore a black dress, tights, and shoes it could be too much black, and a different color tights could spruce it up.
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nwr-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:67523887-9488-4c38-b533-4bd24d1c2832Post:3f819f5a-41e1-4b36-917d-9375aa44064d">Re: NWR: Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have silver shimmer tights? I feel like if you wore a black dress, tights, and shoes it could be too much black, and a different color tights could spruce it up.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this. </div><div><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></div><div><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">I think it would look good, if you made sure the tights were more on the sheer black side as opposed to more opaque so that there is a contrast in your tights against the black of the dress and the black of your shoes. Otherwise all the black will blend too much. </span></div><div><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></div><div><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">A grey or red cardigan that you mentioned wearing would also be pretty.</span></div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OK, makes sense. I'll stick towards opaque black tights.

Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards