Florida-South Florida

best month for outdoor wedding?

we are looking at february 2012 for an outdoor wedding in delray beach.  we will have an indoor alternative in case of weather, but really want it to be outside.  I've looked at rainfall calendars and average weather temperatures on different websites, and see different results. What is the best month for an outdoor ceremony in SoFL?  Thanks!

Re: best month for outdoor wedding?

• edited December 2011
    I would say anytime between Dec and April. It's not too hot, so it's not too uncomfortable for your guests.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    It is such a hard decision. I originally wanted May for my wedding but it is to hot and it rained a lot last year. I decided on April. I am hoping it doesn't rain. We had a lot oct knotties and the weather was nice for them. I would say September to April. If you don't want it to be cold I would stay away from Dec to Feb. Good Luck
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The only reason why I didn't suggest sept, oct or nov was because it's hurricane season. So you're taking your chances. Ideally, feb thru april is probably the better times, since dec and jan have tended to be on the chillier side lately.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the early months would be nice since it's not too hot.
    Like Feb-April
  • graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have found some great deals for my June wedding because it seems to be the off season for South Fl.  I originally wanted April but it wasn't going to work out for us timing wise.
  • edited December 2011

We are having a Feb. 2012 wedding!!!  I'm on that board also :):)  We are getting married Feb. 18, 2012!  Ours is going to be at Lighthouse Point Yacht & Racquet club (near Pompano)... it's right on the intercoastal and the ceremony will be outside, as will the cocktail hour, and then the reception inside.  I thought Feb. would be a great month for outdoor ceremony in South FL (no humidity and better chance of no rain - even if it is on the cooler side I consider that a big PLUS!!) :)  Congrats & good luck!!! 

***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I chose April because it's not hot, it really never gets cold, it's not as rainy and unpredictable as March, and it's not in huricane season.  If you want to risk hurricane season, I'd say mid-late October and early November are nice months too
  • edited December 2011
    mfields...that's so funny, we're looking at feb 18, 2012 as well!!!!  i think it's so romantic right around valentine's day (and lots of candy will be on sale if we want a candy bar lol).  One place I looked at though the catering manager said that florists may be way more money during this time, even a few days after vday.  Have you heard anything like that or looked into florists yet?
  • edited December 2011
    Remy Alexandra...I see your engagement pic is from Gregory Paul.  Are you happy with him as a photographer?  I just emailed him like 5 min ago to get pricing info!  he's been my favorite photographer so far after looking through dozens of websites.  he does such artistic work.
  • edited December 2011
    i say jan-march.. i always remember april showers bring may flowers..and april tends to be really windy and rainy ...but nov and dec are good too :)
  • edited December 2011
    :( now I am all nervous about a hurricane in October :(
  • edited December 2011
    janine:  i'm OBSESSED with GP!  We are in love with all of our e-pics and cannot wait for all the great pictures from the wedding!  He's great to work with, too!
  • edited December 2011
    February is a good time for an outdoor wedding, but it can sometimes be cold and windy.  I went with April because of that.  It really depends, each year is different.  It could be nice weather.  On a side note if you pick February 18th, just be careful of the flowers you choose since roses will be really expensive. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_month-outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:1cd2506e-64d9-4808-9268-59b25f31eb09Post:a8f9c2ea-04fe-48df-9387-ca6eab6ba881">Re: best month for outdoor wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]mfields...that's so funny, we're looking at feb 18, 2012 as well!!!!  i think it's so romantic right around valentine's day (and lots of candy will be on sale if we want a candy bar lol).  One place I looked at though the catering manager said that florists may be way more money during this time, even a few days after vday.  Have you heard anything like that or looked into florists yet?
    Posted by janinedg[/QUOTE]

janinedg - yay for wedding date twins! (maybe?) haha you'll have to keep me posted on what date you end up picking!!  I picked my venue and the coordinator there has a florist that she highly recommends... I'm crossing my fingers that if I talk to a florist early enough (since we have over a year!) that I'll get a good deal... and if I do incorporate roses i'll be using ivory ones - so "maybe" they won't be as expensive as red or pink!?  lol we are basically getting our photographer for free so if flowers are a little more, then that's okay with me!  What venues are you looking at??
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    mfields...our top choice right now is mizner country club, but still looking.  it amazes me how many venues there are in south florida and how many we do not like whatsoever!  i don't think we're particularly picky people, but many places in a decent price range that we've ruled out even online look so shlocky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards