Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower and inviting out of state guests

I have a lot of family that are out of state.  Should I invite them to my bridal shower even though I know they won't be able to make it? 

Re: Bridal shower and inviting out of state guests

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes. If they are some one who would be invited had they lived more locally, then yes, you should. They may surprise you with a yes and enjoy the excuse to visit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't invite my aunt who lives in Colorado to my shower in Massachusetts because we knew she wouldn't come and didn't want it to look like I was hoping she'd send a gift.

But I think that FSIL is inviting FI's aunts who live in Ohio and Connecticut to my shower in Maryland, because they might make the trip.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on the hostess and the family dynamic.

DH's family from NH drove to CT for my bridal and baby showers. 
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    DItto banana about the family dynamic.  I've been invited to a wedding shower  (and later, a baby shower for her) 4 states away.  While I get that they probably just wanted to make sure I didn't feel excluded, I did give the side eye and took it as a gift grab since they had to have known I wouldn't drive 11 hours one way for one afternoon.   My family just doesn't invite outside of a couple of hour drive.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the family dynamic and if they are able to make the trip or not. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards