Rhode Island

Florist recommendations for Newport wedding

Hi ladies!  I was wondering if you can give me some recommendations on florists in RI.  We are getting married at the Hyatt in Newport.  We are having an Indian wedding and I am envisioning a lot of flowers everywhere for the ceremony!  I know this can get pricey and I was hoping you would have some recs on reasonable priced flowers.  Has anyone used grocery stores (Stop and Shop, Whole Foods), and if so would you recommend this?  Thanks so much!

Re: Florist recommendations for Newport wedding

• kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Toni Chandler from Exquisite Events, she was amazing and worked within my budget. I booked her in February for an August wedding and never had to think about it again,,,,,she was great with communication and follow through.

I did try Clements Market and had a very bad experience with Terry.  I found her to be rude and unprofessional but I do know of one bride who had a great experience with her.

Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    I used Whole Foods in Cranston and I absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend them! I met with five florists who all quoted me in the $1,200 to $1,700 range for what I needed: my bouquet, three bouts, two clutches for the moms, a corsage for my husband's grandmother, a wreath and nine centerpieces.

We were on a budget and flowers were probably the least important thing to me, so I decided to do them myself but, on the Thursday night before my Sunday wedding, I had a message that most of the flowers I ordered were stuck in Miami and wouldn't arrive in time. I would be getting enough to do some vases for our reception area, but not my ceremony flowers or my dinner table centerpieces. 

I called Whole Foods Friday morning and they were able to do my bouquet, the three bouts, two clutches and corsage for $94 plus tax. I was stunned. When they were adding it up among themselves and said $25 for my bouquet, I assumed they said $125 because all of the quotes I got were in the $150-$175 range for a bridal bouquet. Now, your mileage may vary based on the flowers you use. I was limited to what they had on hand because of the short notice, but they can order whatever you want when you're not calling them two days before your wedding! :-)

The flowers were gorgeous and my bouquet lasted forever in water - two weeks after the wedding! In fact, if I hadn't hung it up to dry it out this weekend, I'd bet it would still look decent. I was amazed. My MIL unwrapped her clutch and put it in a vase when she got home and it lasted about two weeks as well.

Sorry this is so long, I was just so impressed. I wish I had thought to go there from the beginning; would have saved me a lot of stress!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try Golden Gate Studios since they have done Indian weddings and they are very reasonably priced. Blooming Blossom has also done Indian weddings, Pam the owner specializes in floral garlands. Also, another one for Toni Chandler. BTW Toni Chandler Flowers and Events is separate from Exquisite Events. They just share an office and work together very often. I would contact Toni or her assistants directly. All 3 florists have very impressive portfolios and do tons of floral work.  I met all of them and still deciding on who to go with for our Cambodian-Chinese wedding. They LOVE to work with color especially Jay from Golden Gate Studios.

www.goldengatestudio.com/

www.blooming-blossoms.com

www.tonichandlerflorals.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Nancy Birch from grandiflora designs did mine.  I loved them!
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Toni Chandler.  Her work is gorgeous and she will work with your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards