Second Weddings
Options

Is this a second-time knottie thing, or is it just me?

2»

Re: Is this a second-time knottie thing, or is it just me?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh you guys make me feel even happier about getting married, if that's possible!! I could not have dreamed up Michael better in my dreams, and we have a beautiful 5 month old daughter to boot that we are crazy about. I can't wait to have my casual, fun, and probably very imperfect :) wedding.
    Les enfants disent que les gens sont suspendus pour parler la v?rit?. Je n'ai pas peur, je suis n? pour le faire. Joan d'Arc R.I.P. Sophia please visit www.truthforsophia.com
  • Options
    cwcottagecwcottage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the third time's the charm motto!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a great group!!! I'm a first timer but older. I thought when I started out that I could do what I wanted, but after reading these groups and the forum on weddingwire, I'm consumed by doubts! Our reception site is beautiful, but doesn't have a liquor license, so no alcohol. It has a small indoor area (enough for all the tables we need) and a large beautiful outdoor area, but not enough indoor area/smooth floor space for a dance floor. So no DJ or planned dancing. We are going to have an ipod set up playing big band music and Michael Feinstein/Sinatra type stuff. We have lots of outdoor space where (if the weather works) we are going to set up stuff for kids (big and small) like hula hoops, croquet, bubbles, and hopefully an ice cream sundae bar. But now I'm so worried about what all his relatives will say about the fact that we are not having booze or dancing. It seems like for some people if you don't have both, you don't have a legitimate wedding reception. I read one post recently where a future bride bemoaned the fact that all she got was finger food and punch at a relative's reception. (we are having a buffet dinner, so no finger food to cripe about!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oogie, welcome, and you're going to have a great wedding.  It sounds like you're maximizing the fun factor in the space you're working with.  If I were a guest, I would think it was lovely.  :)  If anyone has a problem with the fact that the venue won't allow alcohol, and isn't conducive to a dance floor, that's their problem, not yours. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I have been on the knot for about a year now, and have only lurked around on this board.  I post occasionally but I didn't realize that all this drama was going on out there,  I guess I am lucky to have found this board and just stuck with it.  I have gained a lot of advice and good ideas just from reading others concerns, fears, or accomplishments.  Thanks everyone for all the great advice and being drama free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards