October 2012 Weddings

BEST MAN VENT!!!!! Grrr

Ok so to get everyone up to speed...my FI and I got in a huge fight a few month ago about strippers and his Bachelor party.....he and 40 of his friends rented this lake house....and I am totally ok with that....I was even ok if they went to a strip club....just didnt want any "house call strippers"  So after this fight we and when I say we I mean mainly me...made sure all of the groomsmen knew that there where to be NO HOUSE CALL STRIPPERS!  They could go to the club but that was it.......

My FI comes home today from his party...and guess what....there were HOUSE STRIPPERS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now of course he keeps telling my I am soo much prettier than them and blah blah blah.....

And Im not even as mad about the strippers as I am at the fact that I feel like NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME!  My bridsemaids and I had a falling out the other day about them not helping like I feel they should....and now this with the groomsmen....and to top it all of one of my maids is skipping out from the rehersal dinner for a high school play....and this dinner has been planned for MONTHS!

Sorry Ladies...I just needed to get that all off my chest.  Only 13 more days and I hate to say it...but I am sooo ready for it to be here and over!  LOL

Re: BEST MAN VENT!!!!! Grrr

• Maybe I'm totally naive but what's the difference between him going to a strip club and having strippers at that house? Either way, women are taking their clothes off.

I think you need to take some deep breaths and maybe do NWR things for a few days. What exactly are you expecting of your BMs that they aren't doing?
    Anniversary
  • Okay, deep breath. I don't understand the difference in strippers but maybe that's me. I would be pissed that they disregarded your wishes though. As far as the BMs... I mean, what can you do? They have lives just like we do. They're not required to do anything but stand up with you that day. Relax, let it go, and do something NWR. Just a few more days and it'll be over :

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • The difference is that strip clubs have rules and people to enforce them.  The only person to enforce the rules for house strippers is the stripper and that's a vast outnumbering.

OP, I'm sorry the BM didn't listen to you about the strippers. I think you need to take a day for yourself and not do or think about anything WR.  Try to relax and stop stressing. 

One of my BMs isn't coming to the RD.  It's not a huge deal - walk down the aisle and stand up there.  Then walk back down. I'm sure she'll figure it out.  
  • I also think you need to relax and take a deep breath. First, your BMs aren't required to help you with anything, they just need to show up the day of. I really hope you didn't actually get mad at them for not helping you. Also, one of my BMs will not be making the rehearsal. No big deal, we'll fill her in the next day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_best-man-vent-grrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9ae09b95-a508-4b75-af28-89b488a57a83Post:bf9725d7-5195-4bba-afba-6100972b93b2">BEST MAN VENT!!!!! Grrr</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so to get everyone up to speed...my FI and I got in a huge fight a few month ago about strippers and his Bachelor party.....he and 40 of his friends rented this lake house....and I am totally ok with that....I was even ok if they went to a strip club....just didnt want any "house call strippers"  So after this fight we and when I say we I mean mainly me...made sure all of the groomsmen knew that there where to be NO HOUSE CALL STRIPPERS!  They could go to the club but that was it....... My FI comes home today from his party...and guess what....there were HOUSE STRIPPERS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now of course he keeps telling my I am soo much prettier than them and blah blah blah..... And Im not even as mad about the strippers as I am at the fact that I feel like NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ME!  My bridsemaids and I had a falling out the other day about them not helping like I feel they should....and now this with the groomsmen....and to top it all of one of my maids is skipping out from the rehersal dinner for a high school play....and this dinner has been planned for MONTHS! Sorry Ladies...I just needed to get that all off my chest.  Only 13 more days and I hate to say it...but I am sooo ready for it to be here and over!  LOL
    Posted by mzobel[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry you're stressing out so much.  I understand why you're pissed about the house strippers vs. strip club.  I get it.  This was my request for FI's bachelor party as well...But turns out that his GM didn't plan him a bachelor party (much to FI's disappointment) so I guess it was a non-issue.  The problem with house strippers is that, like a PP said, there aren't really strict rules that can easily be enforced, like with a strip club.  Sure there is a bodyguard that travels with them, but things can get out of hand way easier with a private stripper than if you go to a strip club.  Basically, I see it as, if you pay them enough, they will pretty much do anything.  At a strip club, there are lots of people around watching the dancers and making sure no funny business happens.  So yeah, I get why you're pissed and you have every right to be.  It was really disrespectful of his GM to completely disregard your request, knowing full well that you did not want that.  But since it all already happened, there's no use dwelling on it anymore.  What's done is done.  Vent and get pissed (you have every right to), but after that, let it go and focus on the other parts of the wedding that are more important.</div><div>
    </div><div>As for your BM's, sorry they are not helping you as much as you want.  Like PP's said, they aren't required to help you with anything other than just show up on the wedding day in their dress.  Sure, it's nice if they do but not required.  As for the one missing out on the rehearsal, that sucks but I don't think it's a huge deal that she's not there.  She can just be filled in the day of when to walk down and walk back up the aisle.  Not too hard.  I know it's disappointing when your BM's don't come to the events you expect them to...hell, none of my BM's, except my MOH, came to my B-party.  I was pretty pissed about it but I had to just let it go because I can't force them to attend all of these things.     

</div>
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • I'm with you on the strippers too, that was my request.  Other than that I think you're taking some of your stress out on your bridesmaids.  One of mine can't make it to the RD because of a high school football game.  My dinner was planned first, but the game was a priority because it's a big event in her town and for her daughter who is a senior.  I'm bummed she won't be there but I fully support her decision to put her family first.  Things come up.  What may not seem important to you may be a huge deal for someone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards