Snarky Brides

Where do you order gifts from?

My IL's live in Florida.  Im always sending stuff for holidays and birthdays.  Im just tired of the same old flowers and Edible Arrangements.  FIL's birthday is next week and I would love something new to send.

I know this is a late post, so Im hoping you all have some good stuff for me in the morning, lol.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Where do you order gifts from?

• If you're looking to send something different, I like the website uncommongoods.com. They have some really unique things. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Depends on the person. I don't usually do flowers or edible arrangements since my crowd doesn't really go for them.

I shop a lot at uncommongoods.com and thinkgeek.com. I'm also a big fan of Amazon.

• Chocolate covered strawberries (Shari's Berries does them online).

Redenvelope.com sometimes has cute things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-do-you-order-gifts-from?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e68d08e-4144-420f-9b16-31c8257e694aPost:d39611bb-843f-4b54-be85-1f702b1d40b6">Re: Where do you order gifts from?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're looking to send something different, I like the website uncommongoods.com. They have some really unique things. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Ditto. especially if they're people that have everything they need. You can find random stuff there.

Wine club? What are they interested in?
  • I'll second thinkgeek.com. They have out of the ordinary stuff, and their prices are reasonable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a big fan of fredflare.com for off-the-wall gifts. And if I'm gifting women, then I like to get them gift combos from Philiosophy (Birthday Girl, Island Girl, etc).
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I would love an Edible Arrangement... and I liked their original name better - Incredible Edibles.

Anyway, I don't like sending random stuff to anyone so that it can sit in their house.  I order restaurant gift certificates or tickets for something to do.  I know it's a little more work, but no one I know wants one more physical items in their house that they didn't purchase and want, ya know?
  • You can order things on a lot of sites and have them shipped to a different address than the billing address.  I've done it on Amazon a lot.

Also, for my mom (lives 5 hours away), I've started buying a GC to the spa/salon she uses over the phone and having it there for her to pick up (they won't mail it, or else I'd do that) for Mother's Day.  I just send her a card that says it's there, and she makes an appointment and they just use it at the appointment.  They'll hold it for up to a month so she doesn't have to make a special trip to pick it up. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Harry and David.  They have excellent Pears (ans other fruit) that we love to give.  There are local cheese, Carr Vallery, and chocolate shops, Candinas, that I like to use too, that way it seems more personal.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited March 2012
    I second/third Harry and David.
    Also, I really like the Gilt, Rue La La, and Godiva.
    ETA: Gilt and Rue La La's food sections!
  • If you like to send edible stuff...I've started using Harbor Sweets for chocolates.

They are in Salem MA (always a big fan of supporting local business when I can).  The prices are reasonable and they'll ship anywhere.

harborsweets.com

• Dale & Thomas Popcorn is like crack. Its amazzzzzeballls. The Peanut Butter & White Chocolate is really good. They also used to have a Cookies & Cream but I don't seen it on the menu.

http://www.daleandthomaspopcorn.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-do-you-order-gifts-from?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e68d08e-4144-420f-9b16-31c8257e694aPost:84d2e2de-0328-4681-9356-9ab9e776977c">Re: Where do you order gifts from?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Depends on the person. I don't usually do flowers or edible arrangements since my crowd doesn't really go for them. I shop a lot at uncommongoods.com and thinkgeek.com. I'm also a big fan of Amazon.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Ditto especially the grocery section.

I like Hedonist Chocolates- Ski got me some for Christmas (they were amazing)

Pittsburgh Popcorn Company has a Reese's Popcorn which is addictive.

I also shop Etsy, an obscene amount.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I will have to agree with PP uncommongoods.com is great. I have gotten a couple of things off of this website and have been impressed each time.
  • I usually do Amazon, sometimes personalizationmall.com, or Wolferman's for food stuff. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards