Chit Chat

WR: Had a bad dream

I had a dream last night where we somehw decided to have our wedding immediately, and I went through with this crappy, exact-opposite-of-what-I-want wedding.  I dreamed that, even though I already purchased this $4k dream dress that I want, it got lost and didn't make it to the ceremony location (which was in the lobby of some hotel I think?) so last minute I had to wear this hideous red prom dress.  FI did not get dressed up at all, he wore his greasy mechanic clothes.  My parents were there but nobody walked me down the aisle. And then it ended with the reception in the parking lot where our friend was frying fish directly on the pavement. And I remember thinking the whole time... why couldn't I just be patient and wait for what I wanted? I regret this already and I want a do-over the right way! .... and then I woke up.

A little backstory:  We have pushed our wedding date back substantially to give us time to save for the things that we want to have in our wedding.  I keep beating myself up over the fact that I want this really perfect, but really expensive dress and I don't understand why I haven't been able to find anything cheaper that I like. I often get frustrated with the pangs of wanting to be able to have something and not being able to afford it (videography), and ocassionally waffle with the idea of either eloping or having a super-simple wedding.   But I keep telling myself to wait for it because it will all be worth it.

So maybe that is my subconscious reinforcing that it was a good decision to postpone the wedding again.

Re: WR: Had a bad dream

• Aw Goobers, I'm sorry. That sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I have had equally crazy dreams. Sometimes even ones where my parents don't show up to the wedding or FI is so late that someone else stands in. Absurd.

I think you're right: it's just your mind's way of saying see what could happen. Also probably attributable to a little bit of anxiety. Shake it off, girl. You're doing the right thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had several wedding-related dreams... In a few, FI never showed up or I forgot to put on my dress (and walked down the aisle in undergarments). Or my wedding day arrived and I had absolutely nothing done. And then there was my personal favorite: my mother decided to "surprise" me with a wedding and it was done entirely in peach and white with big bows and ruffles... It was so bad.

We've changed our date twice and, currently, we don't really have one set, so I know how you feel. Also, I've been being super indecisive and worried I'll commit to a venue or something and then find something better.

It will all be worth it, though. And hopefully you won't have anymore dreams.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wedding nightmares suck.  My worst was when the dresses were lost so my BMs walked down the aisle in hula skirts and coconut bras.....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_wr-had-a-bad-dream?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:285c51cf-0079-4d2e-bc1b-8b83410f5758Post:84f298c7-f16a-40c3-b0a0-b3f0f88cf45a">Re: WR: Had a bad dream</a>:
    [QUOTE] We've changed our date twice and, currently, we don't really have one set, so I know how you feel. Also, I've been being <strong>super indecisive and worried I'll commit to a venue or something and then find something better</strong>. Posted by musicxstore[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!!
    Thankfully, I don't feel the same way about FI. Haha!
  • I had many wedding dreams (and 'nightmares') during wedding planning.  Some where I was marrying my ex-bf's (one was in a Home Depot) and I kept getting upset because I was saying 'no  I don't want to marry you I want to marry (DH's name)'.  lol.  So funny how it works out.

I actually would try to 'endorse' my wedding dreams at times because I would dream of my mom (who passed away 2 years before the wedding) going dress shopping with me or being at the wedding.  It will be the closest thing I will ever get to her being at my wedding.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Just your subconscious agreeing with your decision to wait a little longer for what you want. I remember my dreams....oh the weird things my mind came up with when I slept!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • I'm having those too! Had one where the groom didn't show, one where I had absolutely nothing done and one where my dress didn't fit. All horrible. I just gotta chuck it up to the wedding getting closer by the day!
  • Oh man, I have had several wedding nightmares and dreams (mainly nightmares)

One of my great friends informed me last week (while I was telling her about my latest one - I'll do a snippet of it below) that the dreams/nightmares will continue. I'm sooo not looking forward to more :(

Latest nightmare - Went with the venues preferred DJ to use in house lights for free. He was absolutely horrible and for some odd reason he was also serving food as we had a buffet instead of plated meals. Instead of placing food on the plates nicely he was almost whipping food at the guests (lol)
    Also no head table just all rounds and I was seated with some random people I didn't know all because I forgot to make seat cards! (Backstory - my large family ALWAYS invites everybody and everyone - not my style as I'd rather invite people I know/like and have a smaller wedding than to do it for 'show' Meh)

I dream random things all the time... 

A couple weeks ago some of my guests were murdered in a photobooth at my wedding because the bad guys were looking for me! (I think I've been reading/watching too many things lately haha)

So not looking forward to this continuing over the next year....

June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • i had this exact same dream!!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been having those too...they can be weird and awful at the same time!
    My latest one was we were having our ceremony outside under a tent at a very expensive castle/hotel (not where we are actually having it). Somehow, the ceremony started and I didn't have my hair, makeup, flowers, or my viel and headpeice done, so I walked down the aisle in just my dress. I was upset, but kept it going and my FI kept looking at me while the pastor was reading out of the Bible. He then stopped the ceremony and asked me what was wrong, which I started bawling and said I didn't have time to get my hair done. He then said 'I want you to be happy' and told everyone to come back in 2 hours and we would start over then.
    I know why I had the dream because I didn't have my hair or flowers picked out yet...and I guess if I procrastinated that's what would happen. Lol. I still think the 2 hours is the funny part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards