New York-Long Island

Jericho Terrace vs. Woodbury Country Club

Hi Ladies!

Any reviews or pros and cons for either of these two venues?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Jericho Terrace vs. Woodbury Country Club

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i much prefer WCC. not that there's anything wrong iwth JT but i think overall WCC is nicer in pretty much every way.

• edited December 2011
    I never looked at Jericho Terrace but did not like the Woodbury Country Club.  I liked the outside but the inside was not at all that nice.  Looked like it needed much work and did not like the design. 
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My Fiance and I went to WCC for a consultation. I totally hated it, we walked in and were eyed by the receptionists, when we met one of the event managers, he sounded like a car sales man. He went on and on about his event planning experience and how he was used to throw 200K parties for an event place in NYC. All I kept thinking was, "If he was doing so great, what was he doing working for WCC"

• I'm getting married at Jericho Terrace in July 2012 and I am totally in love with this venue.  I have attended two weddings at JT and both were fantastic.  The service and food were phenominal.  I have never been to WCC to compare, but I am all for JT.
  • WCC completely exceeded our expectations! The only thing we were reluctant about was the fact that there can be two weddings going on at the same time.  However the night of our wedding was seamless, us and our guests could not tell at all that there were two events at once.  Carolyn, Lisa and Sara wer incredible!  Our guests were so impressed with the food, service, ambiance and professionalism of the entire team.  We couldnt have been more satisfied. WCC really knows how to make your night everyhting you look for!  If we had the chance to get married again and again, we wouldnt change a thing!
  • edited October 2012
    I'm not a fan of Jericho Terrace. It's nice but it's like a mad house and a maze inside. I went to wedding there and there were 7 other weddings being held that night. You can totally hear the music from the other parties too. When we went there and asked where the wedding was for "such & such couple" it was like "up the stairs, to the right, up another set of stairs, make a left, walk halfway down the hall, you'll come to another set of stairs..." etc etc... the set up is ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_jericho-terrace-vs-woodbury-country-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:a0bda0af-f2db-49f9-bc95-64654fd90387Post:23865073-5291-436c-95a2-896fc43a346c">Re: Jericho Terrace vs. Woodbury Country Club</a>:
    I was looking into Jericho Terrace for a July wedding too.  I am concerned about price with and without viennese hour.  They gave us a price of $117 on a Friday night without VH and $126 with VH.  You mentioned you got married there and went to 2 weddings there.  What was the viennese hour like? Did it stop the whole wedding? Did they put it onto the dance floor?  We love the place and it seems like the food is great but we are just concerned about the price of the VH.  Thanks so much!! :)

[QUOTE]I'm getting married at Jericho Terrace in July 2012 and I am totally in love with this venue.  I have attended two weddings at JT and both were fantastic.  The service and food were phenominal.  I have never been to WCC to compare, but I am all for JT.
    Posted by Elysse131[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards