Latino Weddings

Lasso & Veil??

We met with our Priest last night to finalize our details. When I mentioned our lasso ceremony he said that there is also a veil used to pin on our shoulders. I haven't been about to talk to my grandma but thought maybe you girls could help explain that part a little more. Thanks!

Re: Lasso & Veil??

• ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your veil...  The person/couple who places the lazo around the two of you will pull your veil over to cover part of his shoulder.  You don't actually need a pin - the lazo will help hold it in place.

Take a look at the pictures in my bio under the Ceremony tab.  There are several pictures toward the middle/end of the page that show the veil resting on his shoulder.  That's it ;)
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it's a little different in Filipinio culture as compared to Latino culture, but we use a separate veil, one that is placed over the shoulders of the bride and groom. Our sponsors, my godparents, will place the veil on and then my other sponsors wills place the lazzo on over that. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Expat...I knew you would definitely be able to help explain. I do think he might have been referring to Filipino tradition because he had mentioned he had just done a Filipino wedding ceremony.
    edited December 2011
    No problem ;)

I had no idea that Filipino weddings had a separate veil.  That sounds really nice too.  You learn something new everyday!
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I totally thought it was the same for other cultures until i read this!  I'm not sure why Filipinos have the seperate veil - I definitely will have to ask my mom if she knows the reason!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_lasso-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:caa4ef52-8c74-4f9d-b515-b9cd5f6bf452Post:450a489c-c288-4d8d-b1d2-bf1129a265df">Re: Lasso & Veil??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally thought it was the same for other cultures until i read this!  I'm not sure why Filipinos have the seperate veil - I definitely will have to ask my mom if she knows the reason!
    Posted by Kaye Smith[/QUOTE]

Please share what you find out :)  Now I'm curious too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards