Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Question

My wedding is at a private mansion which is in residential area.  It's about at least 20 minutes from any restaurants. Half of my guests are from out of town.  Am I supposed to provide transportation to RD for them? Should I invite all of my out of town guests to RD dinner?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rehearsal: Only the people directly involved in the wedding need to be invited to the rehearsal.  Their dates can come as well.  You also don't NEED to rehearse where the wedding is taking place - weddings aren't rocket science and rehearsing elsewhere, if it's easier, it perfectly acceptable.

Rehearsal Dinner:  Everyone involved in the rehearsal + their dates is automatically invited.  It is completely up to the hosts of the dinner what out of town guests should be invited.  Generally, parents, grandparents, siblings, wedding party and all dates are invited however.  If you want to open it up to all our of town guests, that is completely up to you.
  • sep1118sep1118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is some of my wedding party is from out of town?
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-question-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:7563e026-c4f0-45ee-89ad-465a65220393Post:b5bdd162-054f-4677-832e-6571baf03b29">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is some of my wedding party is from out of town?
    Posted by sep1118[/QUOTE]

I had a destination wedding (meaning we were ALL out of town at that point) and a few members of the wedding party rode with us while others decided to carpool together and followed us.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-question-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:7563e026-c4f0-45ee-89ad-465a65220393Post:b062ea0d-a1dc-4a9d-a43f-644aab43803e">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question : How is that not answered in Joy's post?  If they are in the wedding they need to be at rehearsal (unless they absolutely can't make it) and invited to the RD with their date.  It doesn't really matter if they are out of town or not.  If they are in the wedding and required to be at the rehearsal, you need to invite them and their date to the RD.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

wow, that was pretty snotty.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards