Hawaii

Happy Monday everyone!

Can I just say, I have 12 Mondays left until the school year is over. I'm certainly not a teacher because of the breaks (FWIW, I do love my job), but it's nice to have that time off. I don't know if I could maintain the level of energy that I do without it.

It's a short week this week and next week for me (thank you 4 day Easter weekend) and the weather is supposed to go from freezing rain and depressing to 20 and gorgeous (I think that's in the 80s... I don't understand Fahrenheit at all though). P. and I aren't going anywhere for the Easter weekend, but we are planning a picnic in the park! The sakura trees should be out in full bloom by then.

Any Easter plans? Favourite Easter treats? Anything happening this week that you're excited about?

Re: Happy Monday everyone!

• lwav8176lwav8176 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the good weather to come to Toronto! I too am excited for this 4-day week. It is my last week of my practicum for teacher's college and today I had a board interview with Halton Catholic. It's too early in the process to get my hopes up, but it's a start.
  • edited December 2011
    I think when you get an interview with the board, that's a great place to be!
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I so wish I had a 4 day weekend...that would be lovely.  Maybe my house would be clean.

And I'd just like spring to be here...Wisconsin doesn't see real spring until about mid to late April.  Sigh.
  • edited December 2011
    we have had gorgeous weather in California, but now we're supposed to get a little bit of rain this week! ugh!

i am working on my invitations - i got them all printed out and all the freaking little ribbons tied! Next is the RSVP cards and maps. I am getting them done suuuuper early (probably not sending them out until July??) but I thought it would be better to get them done now while I have the time. Then all I have to do in June is address them and put stamps on! It feels so good to be getting things done.

I have one week until I get to see FI and be by his side forever - aka no more long distance! I really can't believe it has gone by so fast. But before the fun starts, I absolutely MUST finish packing!

Easter - not much planned at this point. Maybe making some fun cookies or something?
  • edited December 2011
    What a week!!  We're moving Thursday!  So exciting, 5 BR/3BA pool/spa, very excited but OMG I have a lot of stuff!  Just trying to hold it together.  Easter......going to a Greek friends house for traditional Greek Easter, egg hunt with our kids, color eggs, etc.  I just want to survive this week! lol
  • licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not too much going on this week. Unfortunately not a 4 day weekend, the draw back of working in a hospital is that we never close. The weather here in Vegas is not going to be that springy this week...cooler and windy :( But, we may take the kids snowboarding one last time before the resort closes though.

Sandy, congrats on the new house! Isn't amazing what you can get for your $ out here right now! We just bought in Dec :)  Best of luck with the move!

Happy Easter everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards