Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Group Photos List

So, my photograper has asked me to compile a list of all the group photos I'd like taken after the ceremony.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what photos I'd like without going overboard and surely pushing us over on time that day.  Here's what I have so far:

-Bride and Groom
-Bride and Groom and Officiant
-Bride and Groom and Groom's Parents
-Bride and Groom and Groom's Parents and Siblings
-Bride and Groom and Groom's Parents, Siblings, and Grandparents
-Bride and Groom and Groom's Grandparents
-Bride and Groom and Bride's Parents
-Bride and Groom and Bride's Parents and Siblings
-Bride and Groom and Bride's Parents, Siblings, and Grandparents
-Bride and Groom and Grandparents
-Bride and Groom and Flower Girl and Ring Bearer
-Bride and Groom and Entire Wedding Party
-Bride and Attendants
-Groom and Attendants
-Bride and MOH
-Groom and Best Man

Am I missing any shots?  Are there shots in here I can take out?  I only have about 30 minutes to take shots in the church and I have 10 BM and 10 GM alone.  We're talking about a lot of time to get everyone up and ready for each shot. 

Suggestions anyone?

Re: Group Photos List

• PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only you know if you're missing shots.  I would like to think your photographer already expects to get most of these.  You want to be careful about making a list that's too long.  A friend of mine got married last year and she had a MONSTER list of group shots to get.  It was hard getting everyone there, not everyone cooperated, and she ended up VERY frustrated and upset.  Get the one's that are most important to you at the church and you should have a lot of opportunities to take more group shots informally during the reception.
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you take the photos before the ceremony (because that would allow you to have more time for photos)? Even if you don't want to do the pictures with the groom & you, you could get many of the group shots out of the way. I wouldn't take any of the photos out.

I would like to add that you should do one with the Bride and the Flower girl. I've seen many cute pictures of that. I'm adding 2 links to cute pictures that my photographer took of a bride and her flower girl(s).

Link
    Link

I'd also add
    -Groom and Bride's attendants
    -Bride and Groom's attendants
    -Bride and siblings
    -Groom and siblings

*Edit- my links didn't go to the exact pictures. It just brings you to the two individual albums. If you scroll down, you will see the bride and flower girl(s) pictures that I'm talking about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards