Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP cards- a necessity?

I'm thinking about not doing RSVP cards and instead asking people to visit the website or call me to RSVP in order to save on postage. Is this a bad idea? I just hate spending all that extra money on stamps, especially when some people never even send the card back, it's such a waste! Am I chancing having fewer people RSVP, and will people think I'm cheap for doing this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: RSVP cards- a necessity?

• How big of a wedding are you having?

If you're inviting a lot of people, I'd suggest doing the cards. It just makes it simpler to have all your RSVPs in one form, in my opinion.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-cards-necessity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ec90c524-ffc6-4576-b448-a78c6acb1ff1Post:025580ad-43a4-4c8c-8b44-6d7f80aa3f64">RSVP cards- a necessity?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking about not doing RSVP cards and instead asking people to visit the website or call me to RSVP in order to save on postage. Is this a bad idea? I just hate spending all that extra money on stamps, especially when some people never even send the card back, it's such a waste! Am I chancing having fewer people RSVP, <strong>and will people think I'm cheap for doing this?</strong> Any advice would be appreciated!
    Posted by tkappelman[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.</div><div>This is your W-E-D-D-I-N-G.  Not a birthday party or a backyard BBQ.  Unless you're having a super casual event, do the traditional, mailed response cards.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about a postcard RSVP with a 29 cent stamp?
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Is your wedding informal/casual/small? Yes, it's fine to go for the phone/website RSVPs. You can also do paper. Either is ok. 

Is your wedding formal/fancy/large? No, definitely do it the old fashioned way. Don't even think about the other. 

Also, consider that the internet can be crazy and not everyone is tech savvy, and the Knot's websites were all screwy for weeks recently. Paper RSVPs can get lost in the mail. Either way, you still will probably have some people that you'll need to call because they didn't RSVP or something went wrong.
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I agree, if you decide not to have RSVP cards I'd give guests the option to RSVP via website, your e-mail, or phone number.  There will probably be a minority of your guests that aren't internet saavy enough to RSVP online, or will feel more comfortable callling you intstead.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards