Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Limited Cocktail Hour

Hello Knotties :-) I really need some advice from you guys.

I would really like to treat my guests to a cocktail hour while we (myself, my groom and WP) take photos but am on an extremely tight budget.

I am going all out for the dinner because I have lots of foodies in my family and they would kill me if I served them "wedding food"...whatever that means. I ended up nixing my videographer so that I can do SOMETHING for them so there is no dull wait in between the ceremony and reception. The problem is that I can only afford to do something simple such as champagne and long stemmed strawberries and possibly a chocolate fountain but am so afraid that this will not be enough or be considered rude/cheap.

I don't want to do anything heavy because we will get straight to dinner once photos are over and we are having LOTS of food and I don't want to ruin any appetites.

My ceremony is from 3:30 - 4:00PM and reception starts at 5:15pm.

Help please!
How do you ladies feel? Is this something that is Ok to do or should I consider other options or nix a cocktail hour altoghether?

Re: Limited Cocktail Hour

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_limited-cocktail-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:be99d7ed-0681-49a9-8f1b-f6f5b5c038d6Post:36014178-b574-4aeb-93f7-8893bcbef409">Re: Limited Cocktail Hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Limited Cocktail Hour : You and I are SO on the same page! Thank you ladies so much I have some great ideas now on what I can serve that won't break the bank
    Posted by NikandBrent[/QUOTE]
    [Y] sounds like you have a great starting point for what will be an awesome reception!

• Options
    I don't see your guests filling up on appetizers.  I do see your guests possibly getting ripped because they are drunk off champagne.  I would offer a few different appetizers and a couple different drink options- including water, punch, tea, coffee, etc. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    We're having an hour long cocktail hour for our guests so they have something to do while we take photos.  The ceremony starts at 4:30..hoping to be done by 4:45...cocktail hour from 5 to 6pm...dinner just after 6...We're only having the bar open at cocktail hour, no appetizers (because of the budget we're on). 

FI is very traditional and doesn't want to do pics of us beforehand...however, we're going to be doing group shots before the ceremony.  and then group shots with FI & I in them after ceremony...we're not doing a lot of family photos either. Just our parents & grandparents & then aunts & uncles & cousins...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards