California-San Diego

Beach Wedding - Where??

I'm getting married in August and want to have a beach ceremony in north county.  Any suggestions on which beach is a good spot??  Or how to go about obtaining a permit?

Re: Beach Wedding - Where??

• edited December 2011
    I would check out the Coronado Community Center. You can have the ceremony on the beach and then reception at the center. Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Levyland! Its a great beach house in Carlsbad. The cost includes one week stay at this huge beautful house. Plus, you can get married right on the sand! Here is the link to my website www.jessid.smugmug.com click on the 'Levyland' ablum to see pictures of my wedding there. The website for Levyland is www.levyland.net
    I'm also a wedding photographer =) some of my work is on my smugmug website along with a great wedding special that I'm offering. Congrats and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Also...you don't need a permit there because the land belongs to the HOA.
  • edited December 2011
    Del Mar -- a friend was married there. Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Oops --sorry at the L'Auberge Del Mar Resort. 
  • edited December 2011
    Del Mar or Windansea :-)
  • hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the future I would really love to get married at Seagrove park in Del Mar.  It's right across from L'Auberge Del Mar, so the hotel does a lot of weddings there.  It's a beautiful park that sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean and permits allow for (i believe) up to 200 guests.  You get a permit from the city of Del mar, and you can get it starting a year in advance.  Permits for each day are competitive so GET ON IT!! and that goes for any local in SD, whether it's one of the other parks like the Wedding Bowl, or one of the beach spots.  There are only so many saturdays in summer, and all the brides are competing for the same ones so apply as early as you can!

Just go on the city of SD (or del mar or wherever) website and look up parks and permits and you'll find the info.  I believe you have to go in to the city office and turn in an app, and they are given either by lottery or on a first come first served basis depending on the City.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards