Pennsylvania
Options

Emergency...Ideas needed!

Hello all, I have never posted on any wedding boards but I am in a bad situation, upset, and need advice.  I am 32 years old and my father is 88 years old & I am a daddy's girl.   My fiance and I were orginally planning a Septemeber wedding.  After my mother's passing in Spring 2012, my father has gone down hill quickly and, per his request, we moved our wedding date up to April 2013.  

Yesterday, we learned he is dying of cancer & we are unsure how much time he has.   It means the world to have him at our wedding.  It is more important to have him there then to have a big white wedding.   

The reason for my post is we need ideas.   He is currently in the hospital and we are hopefull he will be sent to a nursing facility.  I still want something special - an inexpensive dress, some type of flowers, a small cake, and immediate family only.   I'm at a lost where, how to afford it so quickly, etc. etc. 

PLEASE 
PLEASE share your ideas with me.   I need to move quickly so that he is alert and understanding.   I don't want to not have my Dad at my wedding.   I want him to know that I found the perfect man for me.   

Thank you so much for your help & advice.   We are in the Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area. 

Thank you so so very much. 

Re: Emergency...Ideas needed!

• Options
    Would you conside an intimate event with your father, other close family and friends now, and then proceed with the "party" that you have planned for September? Just a thought for short notice.
  • Options
    First. There is a dress place in Allentown- SueAmes. Check Wegmans for cake and flowers. Nursing home generally have a room you can reserve for family events- nothing special. OR Get a day pass for Dad and find a local place you can do a cake and punch reception. Also nursing homes have chaplains. Ask to speak to this person who will have expereince on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards