Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

rehearsal dinner ideas??

Does anyone have any good suggestions or good experiences with a particular rehearsal dinner place in downtown Pittsburgh or west of the city (Robinson, Moon or Coraopolis area)???
Thanks!

Re: rehearsal dinner ideas??

• Options
    what is your price range, how many people and what kind of vibe are you going for?
  • Options
    manjermjmanjermj member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    We had our rehearsal at the Original Fish Market in the Westin Hotel downtown. It was delicious and perfect. Kinda on the more expensive side, if you want to include drinks/upgrades. But they have reasonable food prices. 
  • Options
    hmmm now that you asked how many people, that makes me wonder if the spouses of the bridal party come?! Our wedding is out of town for everyone, so their spouses will be sitting in their hotel room alone otherwise. Hmmm, I should talk to my MIL about this since she's paying! If they all come that makes 24 people! so somewhere affordable is probably a good idea!
  • Options
    Yeah you def have to invite any SOs which brings up the total --it is rough, we have 51 people :/ I know we talked about just doing a pizza place or something and doing something very laid back espes since our wedding the next day will be so formal. That could be an option for you to keep cost down. The Porch in Oakland could be an option, also Union Grill. Those are just two places I have heard of people doing RDs. Good luck :)
  • Options
    For the Robinson area... how about Ditka's? I think I heard of a couple brides who did rehearsal dinners there.

Also... in Moon.. the Hyeholde?
  • Options
    We are having ours at the Cadillac Ranch in Settlers Ridge.  We have a huge wedding party so with spouses it will be alot.  And like previous poster we wanted something a little more casual since the wedding is formal.  We are going to either use there out door area which has a nice bar or there cocktail area inside, depending on the weather.  They do do the whole sit down dinner there too but we are just going to do like an appetizer buffet.  They are really flexible so we were able to keep with in our budget and we liked the relaxed feel of it.
  • Options
    Also, Ditkas and Hyeholde are awesome choices, my top two!  But because of cost and us deciding we wanted a little less formal we chose something else.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Spaghetti Warehouse has their prices online, and they seem pretty reasonable.
    The place you are having your reception at may give you a good deal.  We are at the Holiday Inn airport and if we also do our RD there we can get 20% off.
    Latitude 40 might be worth looking into; or I think Bravo might have a party room.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think Ditka's is waay overpriced for the quality and choice of the food.  The Hyehold would be the better of the two options, if it's in your price range.

Cefalo's in Carnegie may be a nice choice. . . I did a tasting there and the food is very, very good, and the staff is super kind, accomodating, and professional.

To reiterate on an earlier mentioned point, yes, it's proper ettiquette to invite all spouses of the bridal party to the rehearsal dinner, as well as the officiant of your wedding ceremony.  Also, if you are having kids in the wedding (flower girl, ring bearer) you should include them as well, and their parents if they are not actually in the bridal party.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Bucca Di Beppo's in Robinson might work for you.  My sister had hers at the location in Station Square.  If you're willing to go into Beaver County, Harold's Inn or JW Halls in Hopewell might work.  The Wooden Angel in Beaver or The Willows in Industry could also work depending on where your ceremony is and how far you're willing to drive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards