April 2014 Weddings

Easter Weekend Wedding

Hi there! I was wondering if I could get some opinions. I am a teacher, and I was hoping to have the wedding the weekend before April break of next year. I am just realizing this would be Easter weekend. Is that a terrible time to have it? I would hopefully do Saturday 4/19, but if the venue does not have Saturday available I would also be open to Friday 4/18 which is Good Friday. I would of course have a fish option, and don't plan on having a church ceremony. Do you think anyone would be offended or upset my wedding is this weekend? Is anyone else getting married that weekend? Some of our family members are Catholic, but none of our immediate family is really hard core in practicing it. Also, we have no out of town guests. Thank so much in advance!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Easter Weekend Wedding

• SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I saw your post over on E yesterday and I don't really have much to add to what posters over there said. There are many religious denominations that celebrate Easter and find siginificance in that weekend, so in my personal opinion, I wouldn't schedule a wedding for that weekend.

ETA: Also, over on E a poster brought up the very good point that you may have a difficult time finding vendors to work Easter weekend because they may be booked up years in advance with church contracts, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Easter weekend is actually the only April my venue is officially contracted on. We plan on signing the contract for our date which is being held sometime this week. I was a little worried about having my rehearsal dinner on a Friday during lent, but I'm sure we can find a place with suitable dishes for those of my Catholic relatives that would want fish/veggie
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Our first date was April 19 before we realized that one it was easter weekend and 2 that meant spring break. As soon as I found out it was Easter I said no. But Fl still wanted it. We have alot of litte kids and out of towners in our family. So we asked people if they would come 75 said no. Also if ur goin on a honeymoon after you should think about spring break.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is the Saturday of Easter weekend and we didn't have any problems with booking it that day however neither of us is very religious.

If you have a religious family, it might be an issue however, the religious people I do know celebrate it on Sunday.

I hope that helps.

• wiki8wiki8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Thanks everyone!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards