Ohio-Columbus

Wedding times

I want to get married in the catholic church preferrably my church, but I don't want an early ceremony ( most of the churches won't marry you past 2:30 on a saturday d/t confession and mass). Any ideas, anyone know of a catholic church that will marry you a little later say 3:30?

Re: Wedding times

• edited December 2011
    I have a friend who got married at 6:30pm in a catholic church.... because her church let you get married after saturday mass which was at 4pm. Having said that my church won't allow that. I'm not sure how many churches are open to that, but it might be worth asking??? Also... even if they did allow that you would probably want to think about making sure there would be time to get pictures down between ceremony and recpetion etc. It might make for a late reception. I think Catholic churches allow weddings in the evenings on weekdays... so maybe you could consider a Friday in your church???? good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also Catholic - we are getting married at 1:30 due to 4:00 Mass on Saturday.  You'll probably want a Church that has a late Saturday Mass, or no Mass at all on Saturday.  I've just done some random searching and came up with a few parishes:
    - Holy Rosary and St. John (no Sat. Mass)
    - Holy Cross (Mass at 11:30 on Sat.)
    - Sacred Heart (Mass on Sat at 4 from Nov-Apr)
    - St. Elizabeth (Mass at 5:30 on Sat)
    You can tediously search through each parish in the diocese by clicking here: http://www.colsdioc.org/Parishes/tabid/71/Default.aspx

Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so I played around on that website a little more, and I think here's a more complete list...

No Saturday Mass or Saturday  Mass before noon
    Holy Cross
    Holy Resurrection
    St. Dominic
    St. Francis of Assisi
    St. John Chrysostom (Byzantine)
    St. John the Evangelist & Holy Rosary
    Holy Name

Saturday Mass @ 5:30 PM  
    St. Peter
    St. Elizabeth
    St. Brendan

Other 
    St. John the Baptist (Saturday @ 5 from May through Oct)
    Sacred Heart (Saturday @ 4 from Nov through Apr)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be forewarned that if you get married at a church that you are not a member of you will pay a ridiculously large amount of money.  I tried to get around the 2:30 mass thing but decided to save money and get married at my home parish.
  • fallbride'10fallbride'10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    St. Matthew's in Gahanna is marrying us at 5:30 pm but it's on a Friday. We saved a lot of money on a reception hall on a Friday so if you want the later mass then Friday may be the way to go b/c you'll also be saving money!
    November 12, 2010 imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Our Lady of Victory (in Grandview) and they had a full mass ceremony at 7:00 PM with a reception cocktail/ hors d'oeuvre immediately following (started around 8).  I think they chosen later so everyone would eat dinner first and then come for drinks and such.  the reception hall is nice there, pretty new I noticed on the sign outside it was built in 2005.  I think you also bring in all your own liquor and food, so that can help with costs as well.
  • darby22darby22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We looked into Holy Name and Im pretty sure they will do a mass at 3:30.  Also, St. Francis in victorian village does later times on Saturday I believe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards