Canada-Ontario

Flower Budget

Hi ladies ,

Anyone know what a good flower price range is ?? Not for centre pcs just  wedding party flowers  etc ??

thx :)
chrys (toronto area)

Re: Flower Budget

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I paid $140 for my bouquet, $70 for each bridesmaid bouquet, $25 for each corsage, and $10 for each boutonniere.
  • edited December 2011
    thx :) sounds approx what the quote was I got today .....its so hard to figure out whats realistic and whats crazy $$ ......seems like coming up with over all budget was easy , what each thing should cost is hard at times :S
    thx again :)
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got quoted

$100 for my bouquet (with peonies)
    $150 for two bridesmaids bouquets
    $15 for grooms boutonniere
    $20 for two groomsmen boutonnieres

then $600 for 12 centerpieces (@ $50 each)

It's all locally grown flowers :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It also depends on the type of flowers.  If you tried to get peonies in Canada anytime after May-June, they are VERY expensive, (so Levanah is lucky to be a June bride - they are beautiful flowers)!  The more local, the better!
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely depends on the flower and the time of year.

My friend was quoted for roses in October - $125 for her bouquet, $55 for mine, $10 for bouts, $15 for mom
  • LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_flower-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:86d7014c-15c5-4a26-998e-9089e6135c02Post:c712d50e-bcbd-4d4f-b56b-7f58d18d93cc">Re: Flower Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]It also depends on the type of flowers.  If you tried to get peonies in Canada anytime after May-June, they are VERY expensive, (so Levanah is lucky to be a June bride - they are beautiful flowers)!  The more local, the better!
    Posted by Littlin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah I was actually everything to be more expensive because it's end of season for them! But everything we're getting will have tons of them so I'm excited about it! They're really lovely.</div><div>
    </div><div>I (do) think I chose a fantastic florist. His work is gorgeous and the price is pretty great!!

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Levenah, who was your florist?  We haven't decided on ours yet.

Also, Littlin, you might know this best, but how do the flowers get to the venue - are you supposed to pick them up on the morning of, or can you pay a delivery charge (and pray for no traffic problems)?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are working with a florist, they will take care of everything.  You tell them when you need everything, and it will get there.  Our florist arrived an hour before we left for the ceremony with all the bouquets, etc., and then left to decorate the church with 2 vases of flowers, then came back to the hotel and decorated the reception room.  The only thing we did was take the 2 vases from the ceremony back to her the following week (we delegated the task of collecting them and transporting them to a friend back to the hotel where we used them in the reception room).

There is usually a delivery & setup fee included in their pricing.  I also ensured they got a tip upon delivery - your venue can do this or one of your wedding party when you get the bouquets.   I just gave my florist the schedule for the day and she made sure it all arrived and was set up correctly in time!
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peonies are the flower I'm going with for an August wedding and my florist isn't concerned at all... she said that the peonies are easy to get a hold of all summer long but could become more of an issue if I I had a fall wedding.

In terms of cost, my florist is barely charging us anything for corsages and boutonnieres.. seriously.  Our gerber daisies for the flower girls, barely ANY cost. The big tickets are my bouquet and the BMs bouquets

You said Toronto area.. so not sure exactly where you're at but my florist is in the south east end of Mississauga and she is fantatic with prices and quality (I know people who's weddings she's done)  It's a small, independant shop but, I'm really happy about it.  If you want her details let me know.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_flower-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:86d7014c-15c5-4a26-998e-9089e6135c02Post:307f1690-05bd-4865-a106-4f10d9fde4be">Re: Flower Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Levenah, who was your florist?  We haven't decided on ours yet. Also, Littlin, you might know this best, but how do the flowers get to the venue - are you supposed to pick them up on the morning of, or can you pay a delivery charge (and pray for no traffic problems)?
    Posted by amme5832[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We're using Eco Stems. Joe is really really fantastic. His work is gorgeous.</div><div>He posts recent stuff on facebook a lot. </div><div>
    </div><div>Website: <a href="http://ecostems.ca/ecostems/Home.html">http://ecostems.ca/ecostems/Home.html</a></div><div>Facebook: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/ecostems/91125594898">http://www.facebook.com/pages/ecostems/91125594898</a></div>
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying a delivery/set up charge.  This means the Florist will go to the church and set up our flowers there and then go to the venue and set up all of our centre pieces for us.   We chose to not pay for Church to Venue transfer of large bouquets as I have a friend who has offered to do it!

Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

I am just starting my flowist search for our wedding on July 30, 2011, and I am interested in seeing who you are using in the GTA.   StephieBow and Littlin, who are your florists?

Camilla
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    StephieBow &Littlin I too would be interested in knowing who is your florist and if they do bulk flowers for centerpieces.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist was Audrey's Flowers - it's in Scarborough.  Cheryl Kostka is the owner (Audrey is her mom), and she's a family friend.  I don't think they do bulk flowers - you can call and ask!
  • edited December 2011

The more variety your have in your boquets, the more $ it is. Certain flowers are more expensive than others, but if you keep boquets the same, it will be less $. And it goes without saying that a bigger party/family will be more$ than a smaller one.

I went to various flower shops and told them that my budget is $500 (plus tax). We have 3 bridesmaids and groomsmen, MC (my brother), both sets of parents are married and still with us, 2 grandmas and 1 grandpa. So, not huge.

My flowers:  bright pink and orange roses, bright pink mini gerberas, green button mums and lily grass. The groomsmen will wear green button-mum boutonnieres and everyone else will have ivory roses.  $495 plus tax.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards