Pennsylvania

NEPA (Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area) venues?

Any thoughts on venues in NEPA (Scranton-Wilkes Barre area) that won't break the bank but are classy ?
Thanks.

Re: NEPA (Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area) venues?

• edited December 2011
    Ehrhardt's Waterfront Resort.  

It is beautiful, affordable, all-inclusive, and the staff/planner is AMAZING.
  • sweetpea0911sweetpea0911 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Oh!  I posted a topic a little while down, asking about the Scranton/Dunmore Holdiay Inn, and the ladies gave me some really good suggestions for other places - check there! :)

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • scrantonanglscrantonangl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions--i will check out that other post too!
  • deborah2121deborah2121 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what your budget is, but to be honest, my venue (The Westmoreland Club) seems very reasonable for everything we get.  You need to get a sponsor who is a member.  It is amazing--very classy and elegant and has excellent food.  I am so pleased!

We also looked into the Highlands at Newberry Estates.
  • l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am having my reception at Glen Oak Country Club in Clarks Summit (www.glenoakcc.com)  Jeff, the manager, has been outstanding so far...and very reasonable.  Not sure what your budget is...but my cost is $10k for 190 people...open bar...and 3 dinner choices.  I found that to be very reasonable compared to other country club's! 

Hope it helps :-)

• edited December 2011

Our wedding is at the Inne of the Abingtons, up in Dalton (just outside Scranton).  They just redid all of their building, everything was renovated, and it's under $40 pp for their most expensive package.  I've had a great experience with them so far, and we've only got a couple more months to go!

• edited December 2011
    had my reception at Colarusso's La Palazzo in Moosic.  I can't say enough about it.  My day was beautiful and people are STILL talking about the food!  The wedding coordinator moved right after my wedding (though he's back in the area, but I don't think he's back there), so I'm not sure who is there now, but I"m sure it would be just as good.  I liked how close and intimate it felt even though there were 150 people there.

Other suggestions: Via Appia in Taylor; Depending on the time of year, SNO mountain has a space called SNO grille that they do event in.  Greenridge Club in Scranton.  I've heard really good things about the Inne of the Abingtons.  Country Club of Scranton. The Hilton in downtown scranton. The Scranton Cultural Center also hold receptions.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Steph LynSteph Lyn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that the Inne at the Abingtons is pretty old school looking. My mom was at a wedding there and there was wood panneling on the wall...unless that's something you'd like.Smile To each their own
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Inn at Nichols Village, which I think is reasonable in terms of pricing. I looked at a lot of places:

Montdale Country Club - very reasonable prices but the food/apps are kind of outdated. It's REALLY pretty though. Oh man, the outdoor location for the ceremony especially.

Genettis - They've got their act together and the prices are very reasonable and yeah it's a wedding mill kind of place, but there's a reason they've been around forever. They've also got a pretty cute area for an outdoor ceremony, but the location of the place itself is in a kind of rundown area.

Via Appia - This was one of my very top choices. It's so adorable. It's a little bit "out there" but they can do the ceremony and the reception, and I love the way they have a balcony area for the cocktail hour overlooking the very pretty ballroom. The food looked amazing as well.

The Ramada in Clarks Summit - Nice ballroom, cute gazebo, reasonable prices.

Inne of the Abingtons - A lot of people really like this place and their prices are the lowest out of all of these places, but I was really turned off by it for several reasons. 

The Hilton in Scranton is of course amazing, but if you want one of the ballrooms - even half of one of the ballrooms - you're looking at a $10,000+ minimum. I don't know what breaking the bank is for you, but that one just wasn't going to work out for me.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • edited December 2011
    A friend had her wedding at the Woodlands in Wilkes-Barre... not sure how much it was, but the location was great!
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards