Ohio-Columbus

Where to buy custom made wedding band in Columbus?

I am having problems finding a traditional plain white gold wedding band to fit my engagement ring. The band is thicker than most wedding bands I have tried and the one I did find that I liked was a 4mm and didn't come in a 3mm like my ring. I am, however, finding many diamond bands that fit well, but I don't love the look with my solitare and I don't want to change my band. 

Does anyone know where I can get a band made for me that is reasonably price? I have checked with larger jewelers like Kays, J.B Robinson (where my engagement ring was purchased), and Andrews Jewelers. They all say it will be at least $600 to have one made.

Has anyone had these problems with finding a band? Am I nuts for gonig through all this trouble for the plain gold and not buying a diamond band?

Much thanks!

Re: Where to buy custom made wedding band in Columbus?

• Brandi143Brandi143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jewelry by Michael around the Polaris area does a lot of custom work.  Michael is good friends of my parents and though I have never had anything done by him, my dad has had him make tons of custom jewelry including him and my mom's wedding bands.  I have no idea about prices, but it's worth checking out.

www.jewelrybymichael.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about this but I would guess most smaller locally owned jewelry stores, as opposed to chains, would charge less for custom rings.  There is a store in downtown Powell called Kimberly's Diamond Corner.  No website, but I have heard good things about them.  My ring is not from there so I can't personally comment on them though.
  • edited December 2011
    Diamond Cellar does custom jewelry.  They custom made my mom's wedding ring way back in the day.  Gold is really expensive right now, so I could see a custom gold band cost around $600.  I was shocked at the prices when I looked for my FI's band.  I thought it would be $200-300 and not $500-1000 for plain gold bands.
  • justEmilyjustEmily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try Worthington Jewelers in downtown Worthington on High Street.
    Cruise Countdown Tickers
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Worthington Jewelers.  They are typically at the bridal shows and do drawings for you right on the spot.  Always remember you don't have to take a jewelers first price, you can negotiate. 
  • edited December 2011
    We went to the Diamond Cellar at Easton to have my band made. My engagement ring is vintage, so there was no matching band to purchase. They were able to create a band that had the same design elements so they match.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards