Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Please proof my invite

FI sent it to me in a weird format, so we're pretty much just looking at wording.

We want to print them tomorrow, long distance weddings rock!  (some sarcasm)

TIA!

Mr and Mrs Damyon Timothy _____

request the honour of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Natalie Cara

to

Mr Matthew Philip _____

son of 

Mr and Mrs Philip Neil _____

Saturday, the twenty-eighth of May

Two thousand and eleven

at half past two o’clock

Our Mother of Good Counsel Church

City state

Reception

following the ceremony at

half past five o’clock in the evening

The Merion Cricket Club

Three Hundred and Twenty Five Montgomery Avenue

City state

The favour of a reply is requested before………………….………

M………………………………………………………………………………………………..……

Accept(s) with pleasure_____

Decline(s) with regret_____

Menu selection (please indicate number of each:

Roast Beef Tenderloin_____

Salmon Fillet in Buerre Blanc____

Grilled Seasonal Vegetable Linguine_____

Re: Please proof my invite

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I saw was was you didn't close the parenthesis in the sentence about the meal selection.

The only other which is preference is that some people say you only use 'half past' for funerals and that it should be 'half after' for weddings. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think you don't put the and in  the year.

And I left out the AT on the front of the time. 

I am by no means an expert, but this is just what the girls on here told me before I proofed my invites. Looks good though other than that.

And YAY for banging out these invites!
  • edited December 2011
    The only thing i can see is neding a closing parenthesis on the reply card before the menu selections.  You might also consider getting rid of the "and" in the dates...but that's the former math teacher in me talking.  ("and" in word form of numbers is used to indicated decimals, but I see it all the time on wedding invites...I am prety sure it's the British way to put numbers in word form, actually.)
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony was at 1:30.  I wrote "half past".  I never heard that before about funerals.  Oh well, no one said anything.

Looks good NCV.  I'm not sure of this, but should you have a space between FI's name and his parents? 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-proof-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f7f679b1-76ec-4ae2-b960-90e6ad5a62bdPost:330cd6ab-693b-4078-a610-778d2d3616ef">Re: Please proof my invite</a>:
    [QUOTE] The only other which is preference is that some people say you only use 'half past' for funerals and that it should be 'half after' for weddings. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

<div>I have never heard or seen that before.  FI isn't going to go for that as we're going for English spellings for everything, progammes etc. and that is how they actually talk.</div>
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-proof-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f7f679b1-76ec-4ae2-b960-90e6ad5a62bdPost:008bb6a6-e332-44df-b975-294e334f52c8">Re: Please proof my invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please proof my invite : I have never heard or seen that before.  FI isn't going to go for that as we're going for English spellings for everything, progammes etc. and that is how they actually talk.
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

If you'd ask on Etiquette I'm sure they would point it out, but I don't think anyone reading your invitation will notice. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Looks great, and just a question, do you need Mr. in front of FI's name?

I don't think "Two" needs to be capitalized.

Also, for mine, I left out the street address of the reception location since the details I was providing on my website.  Instructions to visit the website were sent on a separate "multi-purpose" card.    You could just have Merion Cricket Club and then under it "City, State".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess our wedding was a funeral for our single life ;)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Updated.  

From Emily Post- The groom's name is spelled out, and is preceded by a title. For example: Mr. Stephen Eugene Hall. 

Mr and Mrs Damyon Timothy last name request the honour of your presence at the marriage of their daughter   Natalie Cara to Mr Matthew Philip last name son of    Mr and Mrs Philip Neil last name   Saturday, the twenty-eighth of May two thousand eleven half after two    Our Mother of Good Counsel Church City state     Reception following the ceremony at half after five    The Merion Cricket Club Three Hundred and Twenty Five Montgomery Avenue City state       The favour of a reply is requested before………………….………   M………………………………………………………………………………………………..…… Accept(s) with pleasure_____ Decline(s) with regret_____   Menu selection (please indicate number of each): Roast Beef Tenderloin_____ Salmon Fillet in Buerre Blanc____ Grilled Seasonal Vegetable Linguine_____

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-proof-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f7f679b1-76ec-4ae2-b960-90e6ad5a62bdPost:a2358825-5853-4f55-abd1-2d325ee39a66">Re: Please proof my invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks great, and just a question, do you need Mr. in front of FI's name? I don't think "Two" needs to be capitalized. <strong>Also, for mine, I left out the street address of the reception location since the details I was providing on my website</strong>.  Instructions to visit the website were sent on a separate "multi-purpose" card.    You could just have Merion Cricket Club and then under it "City, State".
    Posted by annie6672[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  We also provide a direction card that had all the info on it, so for both the ceremony location and the reception location, we did not list the street address only the city and state.

Other than that, they look good, and everything else I have noticed people have already pointed out.

YAY for you being close enough to do these!  I really am happy for you; I remember when you had to push it back, but now you are getting so close, and I am really excited for you!
  • edited December 2011
    We only made a website for the Brits not for Americans. 
    We want the addresses on the invites as it's traditional, FI is very much into this kind of stuff.  He is already going with the American style vs. the UK.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_please-proof-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:f7f679b1-76ec-4ae2-b960-90e6ad5a62bdPost:2e7f3682-1803-4ee1-b77a-86da50aa6d8c">Re: Please proof my invite</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess our wedding was a funeral for our single life ;)
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

ditto. :)  I am not using half after. I never heard of it. And my family and friends will not know if I did any 'ettiquette' right. ha.
  • laurenndavelaurenndave member
    edited December 2011
    Looks good. The address should read "Three Hundred Twenty Five" if the address is 325. "And" implies there is a decimal point. Sorry--that's the teacher in me ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards