Illinois-Chicago

How early do I need to be at the church?

Hi Girls - I'm working on my timeline and I am trying ti figure out how early I need to get to the church.  Ideally, I would like to do it Will and Kate style and just hop out of the limo and walk in the front door, but I know that isn't an option.  Do I really need to be there more than 15 minutes before the ceremony starts though?  I really don't feel like sitting around the church with nothing to do.  The ceremony starts at 2:30.  What did you ladies do (or what are you planning to do).  TIA!

Re: How early do I need to be at the church?

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the trolley is picking me and my girls up at 2:30 for my 3pm ceremony and the church is only about 10 min from the hotel so I'll be there probably about 15 min early.
    do you have a bride's room at your church?
  • edited December 2011
    We got to the church 10 minutes before the ceremony, I remember waiting in the Bride's room for only a couple of minutes.  It all goes by so fast!
  • Gibson824Gibson824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My goal is to get there at 3:00p for our 4:00p ceremony, but that is only because we want to get as many photos out of the way prior to start time.
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ask your church.  Ours does not allow you to be at the church longer than 30 minutes before.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My church wanted us there a half hour before the ceremony. I'm glad I didn't arrive any earlier because I was just sitting there getting antsy and my BM's were thinking of funny stories to keep me calm lol
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with pp talk to your church! Our minister told us he wanted us in our rooms at least 15 min before the service so that our guests did not see us and or try to talk to us and then cause a traffic jam. Your minister has WAY more experience and can give you a better idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be there about 10 min before the ceremony. FI will be there between 20-30 min before.
  • rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have budgeted for myself to be at the church 30 minutes before the ceremony starts, but it just occurred to me that I am going to lose my mind sitting there. As such, I think I might bring a coloring book to calm myself down and give me something to do. I'll just say it's for my flower girl :)
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_early-need-church?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:f712ec57-f4a7-4ed1-91cb-e7486b4c625bPost:4f3976d5-c13e-4938-a55d-334d4b1d43f7">Re: How early do I need to be at the church?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have budgeted for myself to be at the church 30 minutes before the ceremony starts, but it just occurred to me that I am going to lose my mind sitting there. As such, <strong>I think I might bring a coloring book to calm myself down and give me something to do</strong>. I'll just say it's for my flower girl :)
    Posted by rombacja[/QUOTE]
    that's a really good idea...wish I woulda thought of that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards