Registry and Gift Forum

Re: .

• We got our whole set of everyday china as presents (registered at Macy's).  We were in Bloomingdale's looking at fine china after the wedding, and they were having a gigantic sale, including on our everyday china pattern.  They said that they didn't usually have it, because it was discontinued 5 years ago and places were just selling remaining stocks, but we didn't even know that!  We had a momentary panic where we considered stockpiling as much as we could, since it was such a good price and it seems like it'll get harder and harder to find, but we ended up limiting ourselves to just a few more bowls in a different style from what we have already.  
  • If you have trouble finding any china, crystal, flatwear etc  try www.replacements.com They will also buy pieces from your that you don't want.

• I have had many meltdowns over my registry. I haven't had anything discontinue on me yet, but I'm sure I'd flip.
  • The Ralph Lauren comforter I loved from Macy's was discontinued, I was seriously bummed over it.  I also had everyday drinkware discontinued, but that's fine.  What china pattern did you register for?
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • What skippy said. China never really disappears. I can still get my great-grandmother's pattern from the 30s on Replacements Ltd.
  • I pots/cookware were discontinued and replaced with a slightly different version of basically the same stuff.  I just re-registered for the new stuff.  Thankfully it wasn't a "pattern"!  I would be seriously upset if I had to reselect china!  I'm glad yours was available at another store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Yeah I understand it was a hassle that caused a moment of panic until you solved the problem.  You made sure that the other store wasn't discontinuing the pattern too, before your wedding?
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • cebrady89cebrady89 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
  • My drinkware was discontinued along with some other small things I put on my registry. I may actually end up getting every day glasses on my own bc I'm not sold on any of the Libbey styles I'm seeing on Macy's or BBB sites. No bueno :/
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards